Spectral ON Nick

Apr 8, 2018
dorset
Hi people. Does anybody have the Focus TEC pack with a full-sus model, such as the JAM2 range, and have you managed to sucsessfully fit a water bottle at all?

Mine has an issue, Focus have put the mounting holes for any water bottle holder way too far up the smart rack / rail, so that even with me using a side-loading water bottle holder, I cannot fit any water bottle under the top tube. VERY bad design this. Any suggestions?

20180528_152516.jpg
20180528_152438.jpg
20180528_152432.jpg

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I am glad to hear there are some Focus Jam owners on here ....was begining to think I was the only one .
Have not yet purchased the TEc pac partly because the Dealer (a local chain)has been rather vague about spares and the TEc pack......so far I have fitted a regular bottle holder to the holes provided in the TEC pack mounting with no probs. But if that setup you have is Focus supplied there is a major problem.
I shall be watching your post with interest.
Have fun

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Hey Guys! Another happy Focus Jam owner here! Just got my Focus Jam2 factory in. She is a beast! How are you guys experiencing yours? Any tips?
IMG_20181031_190421.jpg

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Love the bikes in the living room....wont last though!!
Enjoy the Jam ....go tubeless as soon as you can .....mine took a bit,of sorting as the tubeless rims need better rim tape than they are supplied with . Once sorted it makes life far more enjoyable.
Have fun

Danijel

Aug 13, 2018
Netherlands
Love the bikes in the living room....wont last though!!
Enjoy the Jam ....go tubeless as soon as you can .....mine took a bit,of sorting as the tubeless rims need better rim tape than they are supplied with . Once sorted it makes life far more enjoyable.
Have fun
Sorry for the late reaction. The bikes are still allowed in the living room. Very tolerant girlfriend. Haha. I have gone tubeless and i am really enjoying the bike. It's a monster truck. Just plows over everything.

How are you going on with yours?

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Sorry for the late reaction. The bikes are still allowed in the living room. Very tolerant girlfriend. Haha. I have gone tubeless and i am really enjoying the bike. It's a monster truck. Just plows over everything.

How are you going on with yours?[/QUOTE

Hi. I continue to enjoy my Jam . Now doing longer rides and have to judge distance not to run out of power too far from home ! About 35 miles ...its flat round here and I am 65 kg.
Will have to bite the bullet nd buy the TEC pack.....its a bit galling as one UK dealer is selling last years Jam complete with TEc for only a little more than I bought my ‘17 model without TEC.and that was with a reasonable discount.
Ah well...such is life
Keep having fun

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles