Focus TEC Pack

MisterMT

Oct 30, 2019
UK
Was discussing buying another the other day for some proper exploring when in more mountainous regions, but it's only an idea at this stage as funding is non-existent! Would love it if Focus released a larger version based on the new 21700 cells. 700Wh TEC to give a total 1KWh....

this is an appealing idea... shame they don’t seem to be following through on the t.e.c. Pack idea, so I suspect unlikely.

I’m somewhat regretting not getting a bike with a bigger battery, especially one that can’t be taken in and out. that said, for a quick blast around our local trails it’s true that the smaller battery has been just fine.

I had a question though: what effect does the external battery have on maneuverability? I’m still considering getting one for longer rides (assuming I can get hold of one any more), but maybe I just need a different bike for that?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
this is an appealing idea... shame they don’t seem to be following through on the t.e.c. Pack idea, so I suspect unlikely.

I’m somewhat regretting not getting a bike with a bigger battery, especially one that can’t be taken in and out. that said, for a quick blast around our local trails it’s true that the smaller battery has been just fine.

I had a question though: what effect does the external battery have on maneuverability? I’m still considering getting one for longer rides (assuming I can get hold of one any more), but maybe I just need a different bike for that?

Riding cross country I don't notice any difference with the TEC battery on the bike, I haven't used it when at a bike park but I doubt I have the skills to notice the difference anyway...

One reason for getting the focus was because it was one of the lighter bikes available at the time, seeing as I've nearly always got the TEC battery on I'm now considering getting a new gen 4 bosch bike later this year, the TEC pack ruins the look of the bike.

MisterMT

Oct 30, 2019
UK
Riding cross country I don't notice any difference with the TEC battery on the bike, I haven't used it when at a bike park but I doubt I have the skills to notice the difference anyway...

One reason for getting the focus was because it was one of the lighter bikes available at the time, seeing as I've nearly always got the TEC battery on I'm now considering getting a new gen 4 bosch bike later this year, the TEC pack ruins the look of the bike.

Thank you! (And if you want to sell your last tec pack on for a nice price, I'm not too far from you!... :) )

rafaellop

Dec 8, 2020
Poland
Hello! I've got a question about the TEC Pack. Is it possible to install a coil rear shock or an air shock both with piggy backs and still be able to use the TEC Pack? It seems it takes some space that may be required when compressing the suspension. Anynone ? :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles