Focus speed sensor magnet. Pic please

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Coukd somebody with a Focus please post a picture of there speed sensor magnet that is on the rear disc. I have a w011 error and think my magnet has fallen off.
The silver metal plate is there but cant remember if there should be a magnet on it... the plate alone does not appear to be magnetic....
Thankd

Si1

Jun 6, 2019
OX18
20200125_164719.jpg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Mine became dislodged on the first ride. Fortunately I found it stuck to the disc.
It was only held on by its own magnetism and a bit of double sided tape.
Now Araldited on.

Phill_B_34

Feb 11, 2019
Brisbane, AUS
Just for info, I ordered the sensor (the bit of shaped metal with a magnet attached) for a second set of wheels and was $25AUD.
They were in stock (in Aust) and took a couple of days to get to me.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Thanks for replies. Just checked the rear disc and the magnet is stuck to the rear of the disc!!!!
Just glued it back onto the shaped plate, then its out for a quick test.....

Keifo H

Dec 20, 2019
Chesterfield
Had the same problem too, super glued it back on, and to make sure it doesn't fall off again , I used some heat shrink tube over the top ,then squeezed a bit more super glue under the heat shrink for extra security. been alright since.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Seems just relying on the magnet strength is not good enough....
the grass ,brambles and twigs that get lodged in there are sure to dislodge it at some time ...a bit of Colin Chapman. “Add lightness “ syndrome from ze German designers...
Super glue and shrink tube is the way to go. Thanks for that advice.

Jan 4, 2021
Uk
The answers on here solved my speed sensor problem, on my sons Focus jam2 electric mountain bike. The magnet fell off when taking wheel off (to mend a puncture).
It stopped the power coming on. Eventually found the very small magnet. Put on and all working ok. I will glue it on tomorrow.

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
Just for info, I ordered the sensor (the bit of shaped metal with a magnet attached) for a second set of wheels and was $25AUD.
They were in stock (in Aust) and took a couple of days to get to me.
Hey bud, have you got a link for this? I just realised, I'm going to need one for my other wheel set. Doh! I don't fancy swapping it over regularly.

Krakaride

Jan 6, 2021
Hallett Cove
Ah ok no worries. I've since emailed Focus to provide a part number, as there seems to be a couple of different shapes to this part. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles