Focus Spare Parts UK

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Hi Chaps

Does anyone know if anywhere in the UK stocks or has good access to focus spares - I am in need of an in frame battery and various other frame related parts for a Sam2.

Cheers

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
We ended up getting an internal battery from Cycle-Elec in Saintes, France. Very good price, but you either have to be there to pick it up (we were on holiday) or wait for it to be sent overland (I'm not sure they can send them by air).

The factory are pretty responsive, but they only deal with LBSs. Finding a LBS that knew their stuff was the trickiest bit.

capability08

Jan 28, 2019
Uk
Thanks for that, I will be in the alps to ski in March but they are a little far away from there. I have had an LBS say they can order parts for me from Focus so will see how successful it is!

Do you mind me asking how much the battery was?

Thanks

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
Do you mind me asking how much the battery was?
Thanks
€449, and the only UK prices we could find were more than that in £.

I'm sure you'll find a good dealer near the alps, but might be an idea to check you can bring it back on the plane if you you're flying...

I'm sure there are UK dealers with good relationships with the factory. Good luck!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
From what I've read elsewhere, bringing a large battery back by air may be problematic. So do more than just check, get it in writing that the airline will allow it. For belt and braces, tell them exactly which flight you would be on.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Just thought I'd bump this thread as I'm after one of these...
IMG_20190721_105120.jpg

It broke after a recent tumble, I can't find anywhere online so I presume I'd have to contact a Focus dealer?

Adamebikewinning

Jun 12, 2020
Holmfirth
Yeah. I thought I was clever going for a German brand. That backfired. I'm going to try them on Monday. If I don't have look there I might try a little silicone as the gear and brake cables still clip in to it and hold it almost in position. A bit of a bodge job, hope it doesn't come to that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles