Focus jam2 shock up grades that fit with tecpack

SCemtb

May 22, 2019
Santa Cruz Ca
Hi there,

I wanted to see if anyone has added a piggy back shock on their jam2 and been able to maintain use of their tecpak. I have a size large and I was considing seeing if a DPX2 would fit. My other thought is upgrading my Rockshox deluxe with the new meger air sleeve. I upgraded fork on bike to fox 36 150mm grip2, but now feel biggest weakness is rear shox performance on long technical downhill. The deluxe only performs okay.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Really soon I will post about one mechanical device my mechanics is working on to adapt and fitt all fox coil shock with piggy back and maybe even other brands shock.
Off course job done to be installed with second external original T.E.C. battery pack.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Not sure if the new air sleeve will fit. I was thinking about over shocking my Jam2 a while back so tried a RS Monarch from my Evil. It was ok for the travel but the larger air can was just touching the seat tube.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Here just a cropped preview on my Sam2.
Screenshot_20190517-225455_WhatsApp.jpg

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Various tests have been made with teflon components machined on a lathe to find the correct design, the first final piece in aluminum unfortunately was not good for an uninformed size and now the correct one is being processed. As soon as we are ready we try and then evaluate the final assembly, however we maintain the 170 mm of travel.

Archimaide

Jul 22, 2019
Belgium
I changed my rear shock on my Jam2 plus size XL with a Fox DPX2.
Without making any changes it won't fit with the TEC pack.
What I dit to make it possible to use the TEC pack is that I made 2 holes in the alloy rail that you have to attach to the frame so it can go higher. I will send a pic of it if necessary.

Oct 28, 2018
North Yorkshire
Re Fox Float DPX2, (2018-2020) fitting the Jam2 (2109).
I dont have a DPX2 to try physically try the fit but based on the dimensions taken from ridefox.com, a DPX 2, should fit.
The TechPack needs moving to the SAM, lower holes which will raise the TechPack higher and provide more clearance for the remote reservoir of the dpx2; it can still be plugged in to the frame, and mounted and unmounted, its just a bit more of a squeeze than normal.
The straight line dimension of the dpx2 from the centre of the top shock eye to the furthest point on the remote reservoir is 60.2mm, to allow for the diagonal and a bit of comfort room I've allowed 67mm, at this length throughout the full travel of the shock (rear triangle) the nearest the remote reservoir gets to the TechPack is approx 3-4mm of clearance.
Has anyone reading this, actually tried to fit a dpx2 to a Jam2 after moving the TechPack higher up the frame by using the SAM settings in the mounting bar??

Phill_B_34

Feb 11, 2019
Brisbane, AUS
Bump...
Anyone had any success with the mounting the TEC pack with a different rear shock installed (with a piggyback chamber), including re-drilling the mounting plate?
Thanks, Phill

Vitsku

Dec 7, 2019
Finland
Bike is XL and bottle in the picture os 0,7l and it still fit.
This pic
20200120_164437.jpg
you see that upper holes are orginal plase and lower holes are 20mm lower.
I did make totally new part. Orginal is bit too short add new holes.
More photos end of the week.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@ART Looking at that 2nd pic. I can see that it fits without weight on the saddle. What does it look like when the shock is fully compressed?
It sure doesn't look like there is enough room! What frame size is that?

I would be more confident if the shock was upside down, like in post#7 on the thread below
Anyone fitted a DVO Topaz shock to a Jam2? - EMTB Forums

Your picture fills me with optimism. Thanks for posting. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles