focus jam2 plus ltd

Samwise

Apr 10, 2019
Hampshire, England
Has anyone changed to a 29er wheel up front? considering giving it a try as comes with 29er forks anyway so would be fairly easy to do. Just wondering if it would mess the geometry up although the drifter comes with a 29er up front so it should work right?

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I had the same idea....and wil try it out this weekend.
I don't think the current state is bad, but could be fun to try it out.
The positive/negative result may differ on different trails (my local is very compact with tight corners, but will try it anyway)

Robbo746

Jan 23, 2020
Coolum Beach Australia
I had the same idea....and wil try it out this weekend.
I don't think the current state is bad, but could be fun to try it out.
The positive/negative result may differ on different trails (my local is very compact with tight corners, but will try it anyway)
Didnt anyone try the 279 set up? I'm thinking of trying it out

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
I tried it yesterday at bike park Wales. It's a trade off between a slightly smoother ride and being able to throw it around. After a climb up and a run down on each I left the 27 on. It just felt better to me. More responsive steering. Both wheels had 2.5 wide minions on btw.

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
I tried it yesterday at bike park Wales. It's a trade off between a slightly smoother ride and being able to throw it around. After a climb up and a run down on each I left the 27 on. It just felt better to me. More responsive steering. Both wheels had 2.5 wide minions on btw.
Did you fit the 2.5 minions to the Original 40mm rims ? Or did you get new wheels

Jamsquared

Nov 15, 2019
Rushden, UK
I got the wide trail minions on the orig 40mm rims and normal minion on the 29" Superstar tr21 front. Interesting fact 29" wont fit on back fully inflated :(

Reactions: S D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles