Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE delivery date.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Can you post a pic of the new dropper position when you get some time?

Cheers

Levers front.jpg

Whilst changing the grips, I took the opportunity to relocate the dropper remote. As standard it is fitted between the brake lever clamp and the Di2 body. If you do this, be aware of the electric cable that runs in a groove underneath the bar. Ensure the cable is in the groove before sliding on any kit, especially the grip.

I'm not 100% happy with the length of the remote dropper cable, but shortening it can wait a while. i haven't even bedded in the brakes yet, nor applied any helicopter tape to the stays.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
that is one very smart bike .....Dont think that colour was available when I bought my '17er
I have the same Grips on a slightly higher rake bar ...helps a lot with the Arthritis!!!
Re lever position.....you get used to the proximity of the various levers I only dropped the saddle instead of changing motor on a couple of occasions..
Have a lot of FUN.:)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
that is one very smart bike ............
Have a lot of FUN.:)

Many thanks for that, I will be sure to have fun. But tomorrow's planned ride is off the agenda. I hurt my back opening the dishwasher this morning (yep, it's that random! :(). So I couldn't apply any heli-tape or bed in the brakes today. Hopefully I will be able to do that tomorrow. Then I can do a proper ride and dial in the tyre pressures and suspension settings on Mon or Tue. The bike is currently sat in the utility room sulking and giving me nasty looks!
Utility.jpg

PS: For MattyB, you can see the edges of some white goods in the right hand corner of the pic. Happy?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Looks a sweet ride that dude really good looking bike like R120 says it looks very non ebike ((((stealth )))
Have fun and enjoy you’ve been more than patient waiting for it’s arrival —time for you to shredd it now ?????

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Today I fitted some bike tape to the top tube and the chain stays. Didn't have enough to do the seat stays as well, that will have to be for another day. The underside of the downtube has a big plastic cover on it anyway and the drive side chainstay is well protected already, but I bit more won't hurt. Along the way I discovered that the rear tyre had deflated. While I was faffing, I felt a jet of air on to my cheek. It was coming from the vent hole in the rim. So therefore the rim tape was leaking. Bugger. Sorting that out took more time than I thought it might, good job I had a new roll of Gorilla tape. But it all went well, with no do-overs. Even managed to re-use 95% of the sealant.

Only then could I go bed the brakes in. As long as the tyre pressures hold up overnight, I'm ready for a ride. But first job tomorrow after my Pilates class is to take the bike 20 miles and let my grandson have a ride. He is more excited than I am to actually ride the bike. :LOL:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The cable for the dropper is too long for my taste, but I'm assuming that it needs to be that long in case I want to withdraw the dropper from the seat tube. Is that correct? Is there anything that can be done to reduce the big loop of cable sticking out front?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I would probably pull the seat tube out enough to do maintenance on it then measure the slack and reduce it accordingly to your liking ,should be pretty easy for a man of your skills ??
Hope your enjoying it and the grandson

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
The cable for the dropper is too long for my taste, but I'm assuming that it needs to be that long in case I want to withdraw the dropper from the seat tube. Is that correct? Is there anything that can be done to reduce the big loop of cable sticking out front?

Steve, you will need to remove the frame bash guard, take the lever off, you can then pull some cable through the frame to remove the post.

It’s a simple grub screw fixing for the inner cable, I also replaced the plastic cable end stop with a metal one.

Just be aware that the dropper is sensitive to the amount of cable in the tube and you have to ensure it not affecting the ability for the mechanism to lock the post, get this wrong and it won’t lock.

It’s very much like the one below.
How to Install a Dropper Post | TranzX

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I think this can wait until the free six week check! They can fix it then, as it looks like the LBS should have set it up like that from the beginning.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I would probably pull the seat tube out enough to do maintenance on it then measure the slack and reduce it accordingly to your liking ,should be pretty easy for a man of your skills ??
Hope your enjoying it and the grandson

Yes, I know that I could do it. I have installed and removed cable operated droppers before. Thing is that I have a free option available to me, the LBS six week check. At heart I'm a lazy bar-steward! :giggle: Besides the mechanic is a nice guy and I want to keep him in work. :)

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
Beautiful bike Steve-Sordy, but don't worry about all the weight weenie savings, it's an emtb.
Swap the Rekon on the front for a Minion DHF and let rip
.Rekon is a great rear tyre in most instances, but a minion on the front will really bring the best out of that beautiful machine.
I've done it on my Jam2, best upgrade that will give an instant performance improvement.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Out today on the bike at Sherwood Pines. I think I'm going to need a grippier rear tyre and some practice before I get up the railway embankment! We didn't spend much time on the recognised trails, mostly off-piste, but they were all dry. - no need to clean the bike! Bonus! :)

Focus fishbowl.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles