Focus Jam2 6.8 Plus + TEC Pack

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Great choice.
I had my first ride last Saturday with my 9.6plus.
Managed 18 miles on frame battery, 2000ftelevation, mixture if Trail and Boost.
Not used Tec pack yet.
Brilliant fun, never smiled so much on a bike. Climbs up almost anything.
Enjoy the new bike.

Billy1mate

Apr 17, 2019
Dorset
I need to start reading all of the good stuff on here and get properly up to speed.
It has been a nightmare to the point of nearly giving up trying to find/buy a bike. Bike shops not calling back, inexperienced staff, abysmal websites then find a bike and it was sold the day before.
Hopefully it will be worth the effort, I have ridden a Levo Comp and a Focus Drifter and the Focus was so much smoother and quieter IMO than the Levo.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
I had similar trauma on bike purchase. Undecided on which bike short list was Levo, and Focus
Just like the minimalistic look of the Focus.
Out again for second time tomorow.
Cant wait..

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I had similar trauma on bike purchase. Undecided on which bike short list was Levo, and Focus
Just like the minimalistic look of the Focus.
Out again for second time tomorrow.
Cant wait..

Ding ...now 1000 miles and still loving it ..( not loving having to replace chain and cassette today though ):eek:

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Ive got 2990kms on my jam 2, my regular ride is mixed terrain, 37kms and 600metres of climbing, i'm 114kg so not easy on the drive train. I just put my 3rd chain on last week and am on original 10spd cassette and chain ring. Cassette and chain ring are ok but will need changing with next chain. So 1,500km per chain, 4,500km per cassette and chain ring, that seems ok to me. Regular cleans and oil the chain every second or third ride. incidentally, a set of brake pads lasts me pretty much the same as a chain, so now on the 3rd set of those as well.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
MY tame bike mechanic advises me to use more gears thereby spreading the load across the cassette. Dont be lazy like me and start off in too high a gear .. change to lower gear when you put the bike away .
Looking at the used cassette its only 3 gears that are worn to any extent ...shame to bin all the good ones ! But thats what keeps the industry going .
'spose I could ride in hillier terrain too.!

Billy1mate

Apr 17, 2019
Dorset
I have been a bit sympathetic to my chains on my road bike (is road bike a swear word on this forum?) by keeping the chain as a inline as possible, consequently the 4th-7th on my 11 speed rear cassette are worn considerably more than the others, I too need a new cassette at next chain change. If I ever ride it again. My Jam2 6.8 Plus arrives Wednesday ????.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles