Focus jam2 6.8 or 6.7 2020 which one ?

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
So I've finally decided to purchase either the 6.8 or 6.7 I think the 6.7 might be the better choice as do I really need the kiox display ? And am I wrong in thinking the rockshox suspension will be on par with the fox set up ? I'm planning on upgrading suspension at some point as I do love tinkering what are peoples thoughts? Thanks

Gethy

May 6, 2020
Rotherham
So I've finally decided to purchase either the 6.8 or 6.7 I think the 6.7 might be the better choice as do I really need the kiox display ? And am I wrong in thinking the rockshox suspension will be on par with the fox set up ? I'm planning on upgrading suspension at some point as I do love tinkering what are peoples thoughts? Thanks

Hi Dano,

I got my 2020 Jam2 6.7 nine around a week ago and I started a new thread as I thought the forks would need upgrading asap.... I ordered a new set of Yari's to replace the Recon's.

Having ridden the bike I have decided to send the Yari's back; I have to admit that I am coming from a SC Blur that is over 10 years old but I love how this bike rides from the box.

No doubt the forks etc.... on the 6.8 are better, but for me I am more than happy with the bike as it is for the moment and I'd buy the 6.7 again.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I went through the same thought process. Ended buying the 2020 6.7 and am very pleased with it. Now done 2000km on it.

Don't miss the Kiox, which I thought was way to vulnerable and not particularly pleasing to the eye.

I was going to change the forks as soon as I got it, but I'll wait until they break because they seem fine for my riding.

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
thanks for the feed back guys does anyone know if there is a invisframe available for it yet? And a bash guard for the motor as it seems abit exposed

PJ27

Jan 8, 2020
Gosford, NSW
Sorry cant help re: Invisiframe. Think you will be happy with either bike. I bought the 6.8 Nine as I got a good deal on it from LBS in Aust. I agree with you re: motor being exposed. I sent an email to Focus and they have said the motor in all their riding and testing was fine even taking hits!!! I have searched and searched and I couldn't find a motor cover you can buy for 2020 Focus Jam2. I emailed Rockguardz (Rockguardz - Real Carbon Fibre MTB Rock Protectors) but they advised they have not been able to geta bike to use to make one. So when things open again if anyone can see them/ loan a bike for guard development would be great - I would buy one...(y)

Good luck with your decision

thomo5757

Aug 26, 2021
NSW
I picked up my brand new Jam2 6.7 two days ago, was going to buy the trek but got talked into this. It's done 47 ks and the rear gear set is not selecting and also slipping in the high gears. Some teeth are chewed out already. It looks a cheap in this area of the bike, not that I would really know. The dealer can't get any parts to fix it. So it's parked.
Not a good start to EMTB

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I picked up my brand new Jam2 6.7 two days ago, was going to buy the trek but got talked into this. It's done 47 ks and the rear gear set is not selecting and also slipping in the high gears. Some teeth are chewed out already. It looks a cheap in this area of the bike, not that I would really know. The dealer can't get any parts to fix it. So it's parked.
Not a good start to EMTB

That's really odd. I've now done just under 7,400km on my 6.7 and don't recognise that problem at all. Has the rear derailleur had a knock?

If it's properly set up, there should be no reason for "spare parts to fix it". It's just a matter of adjustment. Good luck sourcing that SLX cassette - they are like hen's teeth at the moment ?.

The only bit I find "cheap" is the fork. Something I will get around to changing once I've broken this one. Given the parts famine, I'm in no great hurry.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles