Focus Jam2 2020 delivery dates

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
anyone else patiently waiting ? I'm getting a Jam2 6.8Plus - shop was hoping to have it end of August/first week September but looks like towards end of September now as apparently Bosch can't supply the new motors quickly enough to meet demand.. (UK based)

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Haven’t ordered one but am very interested. I was waiting for a test ride to be available, also hoping to read first impressions from people like yourself who get a new Focus. Please keep us up to date when you hear anything.

senwar

Jul 29, 2019
Sheffield
I ordered one from Rutland in July for September delivery. However, got a call a few weeks later saying it will be December at earliest (Focus info) so I cancelled

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
any updates on this anyone ? Looks like the Whyte E150-RS may be landing before the Focus at this rate... #toomuchchoice :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
We are seeing some of the Gen 4 Bosch bikes hit the shops now, Whyte's are in shops, I think the Mondrakers are too.

I had a quick go on the new Jam in France, they had it in a shop there when I was on holiday, but it was literally a 5 minute ride up a street.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
^^^^^ err, no on the Whyte’s In general I hear.... Lead time on E150RS from uk shops seems to be November still....

My local shop had been promised the Jam2 for 1st or 2nd week of September but that doesn’t appear to be happening anymore..

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
^^^^^ err, no on the Whyte’s In general I hear.... Lead time on E150RS from uk shops seems to be November still....

My local shop had been promised the Jam2 for 1st or 2nd week of September but that doesn’t appear to Ben happening anymore..
Funny that as I took one out yesterday

IMG_8013.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its at Finch Cycles in Reigate, size L, I did a write up on it in the Whyte thread. Its definitely a bike designed for more aggressive riding than the Focus with the Bosch.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
I loved my whyte 130S, but the more I look at the ebike the more I think at coming upto 60 the Focus is the better general trail bike and you don’t have to squeeze a water bottle in, I’ll go and have a look but it may be a bit to aggressive for what in need.

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
^^^ I know what you mean and feel the same. A Jam2 6.8 Plus should be perfect for me based on my lengthy test ride of the shorter 2019 version.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Maybe aggressive wasn't the best term - what I meant is that if you are getting rowdy and riding hard on expert trails the Whyte is going to handle that better than the Jam when really pushing on. I dont think the Whyte has to be ridden aggressively, it just can be. The new Jam is really nice, I took one for a quick spin up a road in France and its another bike that feels right from the off.

Mike Hampson

Oct 15, 2019
Gloucester
Any updates? Ordered mine from Rutland last week and so far I’ve had 3 different dates, 1st was early Jan, 2nd was March, 3rd was mid December then back to March ?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Went on Rutland the other day and followed the ordering process through without paying . At the end said available in 56 days. So January?

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Ordered a Thron² 6.7 EQP for the missus and a Jam² 6.7 for me, both with the new Bosch motor, at the end of September from a LBS here in southern Spain.

Popped into the shop yesterday for an update on the delivery dates. Looks like the Thron² is going to be on time, with deliver in the middle of next week, and that the Jam² delivery date has slid by a couple of weeks.

Fingers are crossed!

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
We picked up the Thron² from the LBS today. The Focus dealer all but had his head in his hands when I asked him about the expected date of my Jam² and showed me the computer screen...

My wife's Thron² had a delivery date of 30/11... as did another Thron², which still hadn't arrived... as did my Jam²...

Given that last week the Jam² delivery date was early January, I can understand his discomfort :rolleyes:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles