FOCUS JAM BATTERY REMOVAL AND CHARGING

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Planning an european tour so will need to charge battery off the bike in B&B but have forgotten how to remove it!!!
dealer did show me but I 've forgotten...nothing to do with age of course, havent found any vids or instructions on line yet so anybody know how its done. A vid would be v useful.
Did find a post about battery out of bike needing a different charger to fit connector ??? seems odd .
any clues.
Likewise the teck pack....how do you charge that.?
Have fun :D

PabloNZ

Mar 26, 2018
Wellington, New Zealand
I can't find it right now but I could have sworn I saw a vid where the chap took a couple of bolts out of the motor mount, swung it back and the battery could slide out the bottom of the down tube. Not exactly a simple procedure but not tricky if you have some basic tools and some time up your sleeve.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Again, not sure but I thought I read that the battery could not be charged away from the bike? Removal was just in case it needed replacing?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can remove it as described, but Focus say it should only be done by a shop, most likely to avoid getting sued if someone doesn't put the motor back in properly.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Here is the definitive answer from dealer Stif Mountain Bikes ..
I am a bit disappointed but its not the end of the world just means I have to take a long extension lead and a strong security lock oh and buy the TEC pack o_O and a drawstring bag:cautious:

"I'm afraid that you won't be able to remove the internal battery on your trip. To remove the battery, the motor needs to be removed. We strongly advise against removal of this, unless there's a problem.
You'd also need special tools to remove the chainring to get the motor off.
Are you worried about the fact the hotels won't let you take a bike up to your room as it'll be mucky? I have a big drawstring bag that fits my bike in, with the front wheel removed for taking up into my top floor flat. "

Kind regards,

Al Atkinson
Sales Manager

Stif Mountain Bikes
Unit 3 The Beech
New York Mills
Summerbridge
Harrogate
HG3 4LA

Store: (01423) 780738
Email: [email protected]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles