• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Floor pump

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
As i am fairly new to the e bike scene i am starting to build up a bit of a tool kit so could some one recommend a floor pump? I have looked at a lot of them but you can't beat a recommendation doesn't need to be top of the range around about the £40 mark.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you're quick the airwave tubeless pump from CRC an absolute bargain at £36
Buy a separate BBB digital pressure guage if fractions of a Psi are important to you though. getting it spot on with a guage that gose to 240psi isn't going to happen. The gauge (as with loads of track pumps) is consistent but not hugely accurate.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have had a Joe Blow track pump for years now and it just keeps on performing.
Wiggle | Topeak Joe Blow Max II Track Pump | Track Pumps

But for tubeless tyres, you really needs something that can blast a large amount of air in there, so I bought an Airshot to go with it. Several years ago now.
Airshot Tubeless Tyre Inflator | Tredz Bikes

My mate bought an alternative to the Airshot which he says works very well, the Giant Control Tank Pump.
Giant Control Tank Pump | Tredz Bikes

If you get anything from Tredz, look out for the £5 off voucher code on purchases above £30, the banner flashes up, so look out for it! That will make the Tank £28.74. That has to be an absolute bargain!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
.......... When I cannot seat a tubeless tire with the pump I’m just going to the closest fuel station where they have an air compressor...

Before I got the Airshot, sometimes, not even the local garage with its compressor could inflate the tyre. Yes, the pressure achieved could be high, but the volume of air flow was not large enough to blast the tyres onto the rims!

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Before I got the Airshot, sometimes, not even the local garage with its compressor could inflate the tyre. Yes, the pressure achieved could be high, but the volume of air flow was not large enough to blast the tyres onto the rims!
I don’t know... maybe I’m just lucky with the close by fuel station’s compressor. ? I always remove the valve core for better airflow and never had any problems seating the tires when the floor pump wasn’t enough.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you do go for the Joe Blow bear in mind it ONLY goes up to 70psi. I bought one not realising this and had to send it back as 70psi is nowhere near enough for my roadbike and it was a struggle even getting my BMX tyres high enough pressure. Fine if you're never going to want to use it on anything but a fat mtb off-road tyre though.

Northumbrian

Sep 3, 2018
Rothbury
Got 2 track pumps, but recently got hold of this self contained lithium rechargable “ e- pump” ( no, it’s not cheating or just for old people who can’t manage a “ proper” pump) ...... sorry had to do that last bit?
Not at home at the mo, so can’t remember max pressure, but I use it up to mid 30s psi no probs, ....... it’s kinda cool, with a digi display, and you will be under budget
Crap WiFi here so struggling to upload pic, if it don’t appear google workzone inflator Aldi or Lidl can’t remember

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
Got 2 track pumps, but recently got hold of this self contained lithium rechargable “ e- pump” ( no, it’s not cheating or just for old people who can’t manage a “ proper” pump) ...... sorry had to do that last bit?
Not at home at the mo, so can’t remember max pressure, but I use it up to mid 30s psi no probs, ....... it’s kinda cool, with a digi display, and you will be under budget
Crap WiFi here so struggling to upload pic, if it don’t appear google workzone inflator Aldi or Lidl can’t remember
I had one of those (the Lidl one) but the digi gauge was way off compared to everything else I have. I returned it instead of trying to recalibrate my brain but otherwise it worked great. As I remember the max pressure was 7bar in the specs.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don’t know... maybe I’m just lucky with the close by fuel station’s compressor. ? I always remove the valve core for better airflow and never had any problems seating the tires when the floor pump wasn’t enough.
The compressor at the fuel station near me is one of those "20 pence for so many minutes" jobs. It looks old and sounds wheezy and the reservoir must be small because the compressor is coming in and out frequently. Maybe it is a bad example and newer ones can do the business.

The one at my LBS may be a smaller compressor but it has a larger reservoir and just blasts the tyre up in one go.

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles