FLOAT DPX2 setup and customer code Trance

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Ok, in another thread I've reported that my Float DPS performance shock gave up the ghost. I've now installed a DPX2 Factory- Custom Code D3LL.

First thing that seemed odd was I needed 10 Psi more air pressure than with the DPS to achieve 25% sag. Maybe this is normal?

I went for a ride and the bike feels harsh even though I was using all of the travel, so as normal, when faced with life's most difficult troubles, I come here seeking wisdom from the sages.

I'm 153 pounds today, and needed 175 PSI to get 25% sag. If your running the DPX2 on a trance, what's your psi?

What position are you running the open mode low speed compression?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I may have solved the trouble without any help from the sages. It looks like I needed to balance the air chambers. That being done, its resting with 25% sag with 160 psi, about what I ran with the DPS.?

I am curious if the customer code D3LL is the same as the trances that come with this shock OEM?

Last edited:

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
The pain with rear shocks is that sizes are standard but suspensions kinematics aren't so when you buy a new rear shock like you have, you usually get Fox's tune that works for most bikes with that shock size. Giant's Maestro system is unique in the way it ramps up compared to other bikes like Norco who use the same 185x52.5 size so you will need some further tuning to get to work perfectly (if you feel it's worth it)

You can check what your code means here: Bike Help Center | FOX

DLLS:
2019, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos, Trunnion, Evol LV, Giant, Trance E+1, 185, 52.5, 0.6 Spacer, LCM, LRM, CMF, Merck CE16-16 Gloss/TA 2572 Gloss Logo

D3LL:
2021, FLOAT DPX2, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj, Trunnion, Evol LV, FOX, AM, 185, 52.5, 0.6 Spacer, CLA004, LRM0001, Rezi A2 L+ M+, Orange Logo

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Thanks. When I ordered the shock, I had the dealer select what was supposed to be the same unit spec'd on the 2020 version dpx2 equipped Trance.
I cant figure out a way to look up customer codes by bike manufacturer model and year.

I have put in a call to Fox, waiting on call back now.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Great news. Fox confirmed over the phone, that my shock code D3LL is identical to the 2021 trance e+ pro 1 unit except for a red volume spacer. Gonna order the red spacer today.

Edit: update. Unless I'm confused the red spacer wont even fit in a dpx2 and .6 (installed) is as big as allowed per table at link below?. Not sure what the fox rep was talking about now?

Anyway. The bike is working well after I balanced the air chambers. I like the ability to edit the low speed compression with the dpx2.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles