Fitted Rockshox Lyrik RC2 to 2019 Levo base model FSR

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
Hi all,

I have searched the forum but with little return

I have a couple of questions if anyone could help

1) I have fitted the forks and all fitted nicely, set the pressure with my shock pump to there or there abouts, but there seems to be some sort free play in the forks themselves

I can push the forks down from the top, allow them to return up as normal, but if I lift the front of my bike off the ground, then there is another 10mm ish of travel as the forks extend some more, if I then put the bike back on the ground, the forks then drop 10mm ish on there own, with no pushing from me

is this normal?

2) I have upgraded the brake from the Level T to Guide RE, but the front caliper doesn't fit or line up, is there a specific mounting kit to fit them to the Lyriks

Sorry for the long post

Thanks for any help

*edited brakes to Guide RE*

Last edited:

MeLovro

Nov 8, 2019
Slovenia
1. If the sag is set correctly then yes, it's ok.
2. lyrics have PM180, meaning if you have 200 disc you need a 20mm adapter,
you're stock forks are probably PM160 and you had a 40mm adapter and now you need a 20mm one, or you can use the same adapter and upgrade to a 220mm rotor (what I did).

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
1. If the sag is set correctly then yes, it's ok.
2. lyrics have PM180, meaning if you have 200 disc you need a 20mm adapter,
you're stock forks are probably PM160 and you had a 40mm adapter and now you need a 20mm one, or you can use the same adapter and upgrade to a 220mm rotor (what I did).

1) sag was correct on previous forks, but never did this and hence why I wondered if its right

2) nice one pal, makes perfect sense

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
I have 3 sets of lyrik 2x 160s and 1x 180 . They all sink when bike is on the ground . And extended a bit when off the ground . Just set sag as normal . My 2x 160s are ultimates . The 180 are rct3 .

Awesome, thank you for your reply.

I got the forks second hand and spoke with the guy I bought them off late on last night

He explained it was the negative air chamber that rockshox have place in the lyriks for the small bump absorption

Seems he might have been right and not trying to just fob me off hahaha

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If you are fitting Guide RE caliper onto Rockshox Lyrik fork and you have 200mm rotor you'll need 20P adapter and following cup washers and bolts configuration:

1585556397640.png

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
Could I also use the 20s?

Lists the bolt lengths the same upper and lower?

Also it lists 20s 20p for the Guide RE calipers

20200330_093140.jpg

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I guess you can also use 20S but if you're buying new kit IMHO better buy 20P ... Also 20S have same different bolt lenghts as 20P ...

D

Deleted member 7464

Did you equalize the negative air chamber when you pressurised the forks? If you haven't done that it can make them not operate as they should

D

Deleted member 7464

Also make sure you fully extend them each time you equalize. You may hear a very slight hiss of air as the air goes into the negative air chamber.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles