FIT File Reader?

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
Hi All,

Having just started to use Specialized Mission Control, and having never used Strava, a Garmin, etc., I have no idea how to use the FIT file that Mission Control creates.

My friend, who also just got a new Levo, sent me a FIT file of his ride today. I'd love to see it, as it's a ride we're doing together next weekend, but I can't open it.

Is there a free, trustworthy application to open FIT files? Since it's coming from Mission Control with a certain set of data and formatting, what will it look like when opened?

Another question about Mission Control. I'm using an old phone on my Levo to run Mission Control while I play around with the settings. I leave it on there so I don't have to take my main phone on and off. Once I play around with the Mission Control settings for a while and dial in on what I like, I won't leave the phone on there, but I like it there as I play around with the settings for now. However, the rides don't upload to my Mission Control app on my main phone, even though it's the same account.

Is there a way to upload files/rides to Mission Control so I can get the rides on the old phone onto my main phone so I have them all in one place?

Thanks!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
.fit is a Garmin data file. You need Garmin Connect to open it. (I think Strava will also open it).

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You can export your rides from MC ...select the ride and use the right arrow symbol top right of screen. The export is as you know a .fit file. I dont think you can import it to MC on another phone so you will have to save your exports in your file folder or a cloud service and use Garmin Connect (maybe Strava) to view them.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Just Google “online FIT file viewer”, there are many sites that can do this.

Karsten

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
.fit is a Garmin data file. You need Garmin Connect to open it. (I think Strava will also open it).
Just Google “online FIT file viewer”, there are many sites that can do this.
Karsten

Thanks guys. I ended up using Garmin Connect. Loaded it onto my phone first, but among all the stuff in there I couldn’t figure out how to import a file. Went to the online version, and it was easy.

Kymar

Aug 5, 2020
Ohio
Thanks guys. I ended up using Garmin Connect. Loaded it onto my phone first, but among all the stuff in there I couldn’t figure out how to import a file. Went to the online version, and it was easy.
Ive downloaded Garmin Connect .I can’t seem to figure this out can you walk me through this .

Kymar

Aug 5, 2020
Ohio
I downloaded Garmin Connect . I still can’t figure out how to use it combined with my specialized mission control . Can you walk me through it .

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Not sure what you are trying to do. If you share a ride direct from MC it will be in .fit format. Those you share it with will only be able to read that file with a .fit file reafer or if they have an app on their phone/pc that reads .fit files ( e.g. Komoot). You can however set MC to auto upload the ride to Strava. You can then share that with others using whatsapp etc.

Kymar

Aug 5, 2020
Ohio
Not sure what you are trying to do. If you share a ride direct from MC it will be in .fit format. Those you share it with will only be able to read that file with a .fit file reafer or if they have an app on their phone/pc that reads .fit files ( e.g. Komoot). You can however set MC to auto upload the ride to Strava. You can then share that with others using whatsapp etc.
I would like to be able to send it to my iPad from my iPhone to begin with . That way I can get a understanding how to explain to my friends what they have to do to open it when I share the file with them . As of now I can’t open it and neither can they . As I stated , someone said download Garmin Connect , and that’s all you have to do . I played with that app and never got anywhere . I can snapshot it and send it , but now I’m determined to try and figure this out . I don’t know anything about Strava or Komoot but there’s got to be more to it than just downloading them .... lol . I’ll try and figure it out .Why does it have to seem so difficult .
But I do appreciate the reply ..... Thanks !

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Most phones will look for an app to open files of different formats. So yes it is as easy as downloading Strava or Komoot etc on whatever phone or ipad want to read the .fit file.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles