First whinge...ive un ticked just about everything in preference.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
So how do you stop emails every time someone replies in a thread you replied in?

Do you have to do something every time?

I can't stop them using preferences.

Thanks for any reply, technophobe combs ?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
So how do you stop emails every time someone replies in a thread you replied in?

Go to the top of the 1st page and you will see a Watch/Unwatch options
If you want to watch it , press watch and it will give you the option to watch with or without emails.
If you select watch without emails notification , you won't get an email but you will get a red notification above the bell on the top of the page .
If you select Unwatch you will get no notifications at all.
You will have to do this on every thread you chime in on

There may be a way to block all , but I haven't worked it out yet
Sure someone will chip in if it's possible

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
When you change the option, it takes effect on posts from that point on. However, you will still get emails for posts from before that point, unless you do as @StuR says and unwatch those threads.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Go to the top of the 1st page and you will see a Watch/Unwatch options
If you want to watch it , press watch and it will give you the option to watch with or without emails.
If you select watch without emails notification , you won't get an email but you will get a red notification above the bell on the top of the page .
If you select Unwatch you will get no notifications at all.
You will have to do this on every thread you chime in on

There may be a way to block all , but I haven't worked it out yet
Sure someone will chip in if it's possible

Ahh thanks for that, some forums have that..

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster

Whilst logged into the forum, go to the home page and at the top will be menu items with the middle one being "Watched", click that to show topics you are subscribed to, then click each one in turn to view it, then at the top right click the word "UNWATCH" to unsubscribe from it. that will remove previous subscriptions.

Now click your user name at the top of the page, in the menu that opens, go down to "Preferences" and click it, scroll down a little and it states "Content Options:", here you can un-tick options like automatically subscribing you to topics you reply to or create yourself, scroll further down and it states "Receive an alert when someone...", here you can deselect things like being notified when someone likes your post, replies to watched thread, etc, etc.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia

Take a FBH,.. That’s a Fecken Big Hammer for the uneducated. Then bash the device with the FBH until the emails stop appearing. Then go for a ride ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles