First we had e-bike class wars, now we got brand class wars.

gunshot72

Jan 13, 2019
Rushden, UK
So we we're all just about getting used to the class war and all the haters out there on analogue bikes. Now we've got a brand class war amongst e-bikers. Trek better than Cube. Santa Cruz better than Trek. Blah blah blah. Coming from a motorcycle racing background I can tell you that it matters not what you ride, it's how you ride it. Funny thing is we all know the frames and the components are all manufactured in the same facilities in Taiwan. The 'brands' just put them together. Can we stop this boll*cks and just ride.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Quite happy learning stuff that can help me maintain my own bike and reading other people's opinions on bikes.
If I don't want to read it I log off.
If you just want to ride then go and do it, stop wasting good ride time on here. ?‍♂️

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Can we stop this boll*cks and just ride.
right back at'cha mate.

Wealth and class are not the same thing. and what pushbikes you own has very little to do with either.

what low class motorcycle are you ripping about on overtaking R1s on these days?

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont think there is brand snobbery, but i do think there is component snobbery, not just in EMTB but MTB in general, I mean lets face it who the hell can hell the difference between a Kashima coated fork and a normal one?

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
So we we're all just about getting used to the class war and all the haters out there on analogue bikes. Now we've got a brand class war amongst e-bikers. Trek better than Cube. Santa Cruz better than Trek. Blah blah blah. Coming from a motorcycle racing background I can tell you that it matters not what you ride, it's how you ride it. Funny thing is we all know the frames and the components are all manufactured in the same facilities in Taiwan. The 'brands' just put them together. Can we stop this boll*cks and just ride.

Really???? I have been riding motorbikes for years and it certainly matters what you ride!! Lots of people have an opinion on the quality of a Honda Vs Lexmoto or Honda V Kawasaki etc Etc. ??

nasamorpheus

Jul 17, 2020
Ljubljana
All brands are only brands, bike is made from hundreds different parts and brands and they are very visible.. It's not like in cars where brands are hidden (except Bosch diesel pumps :) ) I think we all seek for best bike for money ..

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
In my mind, brands are effectively Fonts and Colours that promise something and we all get sucked into it, whether we are willing to admit or not.

I have to admit that I like the idea of Ducati font and colours on Thok bike, made by a contract manufacturer in Taiwan.

Thok and Ducati probably comes of the same manufacturing line as Trek or Specialized, and I don’t mind. In fact I think they are in a good company!

I think that given the level of standardisation and automation in this industry, the profit margins must be very healthy, which I don’t mind, as long as I get a good service and support.

In fact, I want these companies to be prosperous, as they look after our health and well-being, which is priceless!

gunshot72

Jan 13, 2019
Rushden, UK
right back at'cha mate.

Wealth and class are not the same thing. and what pushbikes you own has very little to do with either.

what low class motorcycle are you ripping about on overtaking R1s on these days?

S1000RR. I'm too fat for a kiddies bike like the R1.

CavMan

Jun 9, 2020
Australia
There is only one thing different between brands. The frame and it's geometry. I'm pretty sure the Bosch on a Trek is the same as the Bosch on a Cube and the Fox forks are the same Fox forks on every other EMTB running those forks. And yes Minion tyres are Minion tyres. etc etc etc

You can pretty much swap all components between brands, apart from motors, which can be frame specific. Pretty hard to put a Brose motor on a YT without a grinder and welder. ? ?

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
If we all had the same bikes life would be boring and there would be no good forum like this because there would be nothing to compare etc. (y)

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
I dont think there is brand snobbery, but i do think there is component snobbery, not just in EMTB but MTB in general, I mean lets face it who the hell can hell the difference between a Kashima coated fork and a normal one?
I can. One of them is a deep gold colour. :cool:

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Oh same shit with 4wds . If u own a land cruiser it officially makes you lord of everything. Nissan patrols just makes you cool (that's me) if you own a land rover and your not from the royal family ur screwed cos there always breaking. And Jeep's well they are pieces of shit .....that look better than al the other trucks . Ohh and Suzuki's are for old dudes who's live near the beach and use em for fishing .

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
This is why I ride alone! ?

Then I can judge peoples bikes without any comeback or argument...

What’s the fastest colour now anyway, still red?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
There is only one thing different between brands. The frame and it's geometry. I'm pretty sure the Bosch on a Trek is the same as the Bosch on a Cube and the Fox forks are the same Fox forks on every other EMTB running those forks. And yes Minion tyres are Minion tyres. etc etc etc

You can pretty much swap all components between brands, apart from motors, which can be frame specific. Pretty hard to put a Brose motor on a YT without a grinder and welder. ? ?
Which is why I can't understand the sometimes huge price difference between brands which effectively have the same components. I get that there's scale of economy etc but still...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I wasn't actually referring to this site tbh. Just in general.

1595278477727.jpeg

and you don't see the irony?

m'kay

gunshot72

Jan 13, 2019
Rushden, UK
Oh same shit with 4wds . If u own a land cruiser it officially makes you lord of everything. Nissan patrols just makes you cool (that's me) if you own a land rover and your not from the royal family ur screwed cos there always breaking. And Jeep's well they are pieces of shit .....that look better than al the other trucks . Ohh and Suzuki's are for old dudes who's live near the beach and use em for fishing .

And what about Rangers? Careful I have one LOL.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles