First service, 3 months

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
1,250 miles, 2000 kms. Turbo Levo Comp Alloy. I had my specialized dealer do the service. I had a nasty crash the day before and let them keep it a few days.
results: crash damage, broke the shifter. I had them install a multi shifter, it’s pretty nice. Riding wear, a new chain only. Everything else was in spec. The shop cleaned it up thoroughly.
I’m healed up enough to get my blood flowing again so I’m gonna ride tomorrow and be back to my regular schedule and trails. However I’m staying away from the big crash potentials for a coup more weeks.
This turbo levo has been awesome.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
The 2020 Levo Comp, and I suspect the 2019, recommended service intervals for the fork and shock is 50 hrs for a lower leg and air can service (I think essentially an oil change) and 200 hours for a full service as 50 plus seals and damper fluid.
I ride my Levo for 4 hours and 50kms 2 or 3 times a week, say 10hrs and 125 kms a week. If I follow Rockshox's schedule that is a minor service every 5 weeks with 625 kms covered and a major service at 20 weeks and 2500 kms. That is a heck of a bill.
Now in my 4 hour ride an hour or more is spent on the round trip to my local trails, on tarmac with the suspension damped, the rest is mixed trails. Time and distance are therefore not equal and surely some account should be taken for usage. Not sure how except for a wet finger in the air.
I'd love to hear what others think.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles