First ride.

Cyclingwilly

May 8, 2020
County Durham
I collected my new Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 27.5 on Friday, but with it being very windy and my pains acting up, I wasn't able to get out until today. I did 17 miles and now I'm suffering a bit, I stayed on the back roads, didn't venture onto the tracks and trails until I get used to it. I rode in EMTB mode all the time and only used 20% of the battery. I've had a shower and a drink, but still feel a bit shaky and my bum doesn't know if it's punched, bored or countersunk, but I enjoyed myself immensely. I'm going to have tomorrow off and will try for another ride on Wednesday, weather dependant. Time for food now, I have some juicy chicken in a spicy broth with some noodles, so that will fill me up nicely. I'll bet I sleep well tonight.

Happy, happy, happy.

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
I collected my new Cube Stereo Hybrid 160 27.5 on Friday, but with it being very windy and my pains acting up, I wasn't able to get out until today. I did 17 miles and now I'm suffering a bit, I stayed on the back roads, didn't venture onto the tracks and trails until I get used to it. I rode in EMTB mode all the time and only used 20% of the battery. I've had a shower and a drink, but still feel a bit shaky and my bum doesn't know if it's punched, bored or countersunk, but I enjoyed myself immensely. I'm going to have tomorrow off and will try for another ride on Wednesday, weather dependant. Time for food now, I have some juicy chicken in a spicy broth with some noodles, so that will fill me up nicely. I'll bet I sleep well tonight.

Happy, happy, happy.
Good to hear you enjoyed yourself, my saddle was sore to start too but now it is fine, just takes a little time to adjust to it

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
Back roads, didn't venture on trails or tracks, doesn't sound like it was taxing the battery that much tbh.
Still,that's pretty decent,I'll be doing plenty of those types of rides,anything more involving and I'll be gone before the battery...I done 18.5miles on my normal bike last week and did I not know it..couldn't walk straight for a few days lol.glad you enjoyed it,and cant wait to pick mine up...back to work tomorrow,I couldn't of timed it worse

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
I did read somewhere that the bosch motor worked particularly well with its 625wh battery,figures like 17m on 20% regardless sound impressive and sort of support that particular storey.
Cyclingwilly..also somewhere on here there was mention of first charge and what not to do,could be b***** but worth looking up..I'd Imagine it would be something youd be told from cube if true

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
... but still feel a bit shaky and my bum doesn't know if it's punched, bored or countersunk, but I enjoyed myself immensely.
Happy, happy, happy.
Seeing as you’re using machinists terms to describe ’post-ride’ bum conditions, you might as well add... KNURLED!

Glad you’re enjoying your eMTB as much as we all are! ??
Happy trails!! ?

Cyclingwilly

May 8, 2020
County Durham
also somewhere on here there was mention of first charge and what not to do,could be b***** but worth looking up..I'd Imagine it would be something you'd be told from cube if true.

When I picked it up, it had 40% battery, it's what I was told the shop kept the batteries at and what I should keep it at if it's going to be stored for a while. The initial charge took almost 7 hours.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles