First proper ride on Sam2 6.8 - very impressed with range!

Nxxi

Nov 7, 2019
Rotherham, Uk
After reading a lot on battery life/range etc i was kinda anxious to see how the bike faired without a TEC pack, however, i did 22 very wet and muddy miles at the weekend and only used 3 bars of the battery.

I stayed in ECO most of the time and found it to be more than supportive enough with only the steepest of climbs needs TRAIL mode (or BOOST for a laugh). I actually find BOOST too much power so unless going for an overtake i didn't bother, trail mode felt unnaturally fast so i didn't use it much, ECO was perfect and of course, its great for the battery. I had 14 miles of ECO range left when we were done.

Just because people will ask, im 6'2, about 19st in full winter wet weather gear and a camel back on. Its a 2019 with the Shimano E8000 motor and 378Wh battery.

I'm looking forward to the TEC pack coming when they finally land but for now, im seriously impressed by the bike.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm glad that you are happy with the bike. :)
TBH I'm not overly surprised at your range though.

Did you know that you can turn down the Boost level, and the Trail level as well. Each has Low-Mid-High. You need the E-Tube Project app on your phone. You can use this to keep your motor and battery software up to date as well.

Hmmm, I haven't looked at mine for a while. I have update 3.4.3. Is that the latest anyone?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles