First experience - Whyte E160 S

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Will await your feedback. Looking forward to the emtb experience :)
Not certain I have understood exactly what you need but have measured the following:

Between the weld edges of the stanchion and where the seat tube brace meets the top tube is 60mm
The gap between the slimmest part of the air can diameter and the top tube is 21mm
the slim portion of the standard air can is 58mm and it's diameter at that point is 44mm
I have a meg neg air can fitted (not the one in the photo) where the diameter is similar at 45mm, but the this slim portion is only 21mm long
The top tube in that area is rounded box section with a width of 37mm (ie less than the air can) and a depth of 35mm

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need something more.
As I sais, when I use the Thule rack (Euroride 3 bike) I clamp onto the cross brace between seat and top tubes. The clamp did lift off on one occasion and I was glad of the back up strap. That's with the shorter of the three clamps used for the Whyte

doomie

Jul 1, 2021
United Kingdom
Not certain I have understood exactly what you need but have measured the following:

Between the weld edges of the stanchion and where the seat tube brace meets the top tube is 60mm
The gap between the slimmest part of the air can diameter and the top tube is 21mm
the slim portion of the standard air can is 58mm and it's diameter at that point is 44mm
I have a meg neg air can fitted (not the one in the photo) where the diameter is similar at 45mm, but the this slim portion is only 21mm long
The top tube in that area is rounded box section with a width of 37mm (ie less than the air can) and a depth of 35mm

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need something more.
As I sais, when I use the Thule rack (Euroride 3 bike) I clamp onto the cross brace between seat and top tubes. The clamp did lift off on one occasion and I was glad of the back up strap. That's with the shorter of the three clamps used for the Whyte

Thanks for your response. Glad to announce I've ordered my E160S and it should be ready for collection in a week's time! Happy days. Can't bloody wait now !

1625684221929.png

Last edited:

doomie

Jul 1, 2021
United Kingdom
if i did that it would be a leather Brooks B17. Hold that thought
Was considering one just wasn't sure with the whole concept of breaking them in. Btw got the Thule rack mounting "system" in place now. Took a few tries to figure out the best way to attempt it but it seems quick to do now and very secure. Thanks for some pointers regarding where to attach the clamp. I also added some heavy duty bungee cords and 2 toe straps so can now transport it with a piece of mind.

Aug 17, 2020
scottish borders
Good morning folks just wanted to ask if anyone on this thread had any success fitting a coil to a Whyte e 160?
Thought I could learn from others experience before purchasing a suitable shock upgrade
Tha KS Tam

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles