Fezzari Wire Peak

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Oh wow! that bike looks amazing! and with a Shimano Steps motor too! Geometry looks good as well. The price is excellent, for the spec. The top of the range for £4400.

Get one now! :love:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
It does look nice, well designed and good spec.

Untitled picture.png

I'd like to know more about the weight, which sounds light - they quote 43lbs which is 19.5kg, so wondering what frame size and what it included.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
It does look nice, well designed and good spec.

View attachment 8530

I'd like to know more about the weight, which sounds light - they quote 43lbs which is 19.5kg, so wondering what frame size and what it included.
Below is an email I received from Fezzari thatbdirectly answers your question. First though, let me say, the ability to communicate directly with the manufacturer on all kinds of product questions is a wonderful thing and very special in the industry IMO. They have been extremely responsive and helpful to me.

Thank you for your reply. Our product manager has addressed all of your questions below:

What fork is the geo chart based on?
----It is based on 160mm travel. The Elite build with 150mm travel does have an extra 10mm lower headset cup added so the axle to crown is the same between the two models.

Is the Yari on the elite model the charger open bath (new thing for 2019 on the Yari and revelation models) or Moco?-----It is the motion control damper. Here is the full fork description: YARI MOTION CONTROL RC CROWN ADJUST 29" BOOST™ 15X110 MXL STEALTH DEBONAIR 150 E-MTB DECAL GLOSS BLACK 42 OFFSET TAPERED B2

What are the suspension upgrade options?-----We have the Lyrik RC2, Fox 36 Grip2 factory, X2 rear shock, Super Deluxe Rear shock. We also have access to other options. What did you have in mind?

What are the wheel upgrade options?-----We have multiple options. Is there something specific you would like? Are you looking carbon?

Can the bike be ordered with 29” wheels?
-----Yes. Which wheels did you have in mind? The max tire size is 29x2.4"

How much is a spare battery?
-----$499 for an additional battery. If you would also like a spare alloy cover they are $99. The cover is fully cnc machined to match the frames perfectly.

Is it flexy? I mean the weight is very low for an alloy (heck even carbon) ebike.
-----The frame has excellent stiffness. We designed it to be ridden like a trail bike and we tested this to enduro standards with extra testing because of the added weight of the bike. The low total bike weight comes from the smaller battery dimensions and weights we have manufactured for our bike. It also was achieved by the particular choices in components that help reduce the weight like the suspension and wheels. This 43 pound weight is on the pro model in a size medium without pedals. It was also not set tubeless when weighed, so there is potential to drop another pound with a tubeless setup.”

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Sounds like a great company :) I like the fact they are offering customized upgrade options too, so you can get exactly what you want straight out of the box!

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
So is there an general rule as far as sizing your ebike? I tend to size up on my nonpowah bikes cause I like the stable feel. But I guess the motor really helps with stability? Too stable could be a bad thing right?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Was just looking at them. Nice bikes and geo. It almost looks like , with the wheel size adjustment chip in the seatstay, it could have a longer e2e and stroke shock installed to give it more rear travel and not affect geo much. Also uses a head tube spacer installed in the bottom for different wheel sizes , similar to specialized original 27.5 stumpy, for added possibilities. International shipping option makes it worth considering. Not the greatest SO and I’d like to see that swing link in person. In pics the link looks thin

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
I like your thought on long stroking. Oddly shock size is one of the few pieces of info not stated on the site. My new GT has a 185x50 shock, it can easily be made into 185x55 by nipping off the travel spacer (rockshox uses a plactic spacer). I’m definitely worried about frame stiffness on this one. The whole rear end looks a bit thin. That said I guess is a fairly common design? I noticed there is a Seat stay bridge just behind the swing link to help.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I couldn’t find the shock size either. Seems a lot of the 140/150 bikes have their stroke maxed out for the eye to eye. That flip chip would allow a longer e2e if needed.
My concerns on frame strength are probably unfounded, just curious. Their reg mtb’s seem to get good reviews.They sound keen to supporttheir product. I’m intrigued. 43lbs is impressive. Probably for small size but there’s lots of room to trim weight w spec

Tcwersh

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Thanks for all of you positive feedback on the new Wire Peak. It is a bike we are really excited about. It rides even better than it looks. I wanted to jump and answer some of the questions in this thread directly.

The shock size on this bike is 210x55, so it is already a pretty long shock. The next size shock up is a 230mm eye to eye. This shock size would cause the SS yoke to hit the seat tube. Since this bike uses this metric size shock, there are options to run different shocks such as a Super Deluxe, Fox X2 and we even did some testing with coil shocks. If you'd like something different on this bike, reach out and we can help you out. We have the option to credit you back on the stock shock and upgrade to something different and minimal cost.

As far as the ride capabilities and stiffness of the frame, this thing was designed to handle rough terrain. Feel free to watch the launch video where we ride the bike through rock gardens, off drops and hit some decent size jumps on local trials around our office in Utah. You can find it here:
As far as the weight of the bike, there was a mistake when weighing the first production bike and we misquoted in the email above. The weight of a size medium Wire Peak Pro, including the dropper post, Fox 36 fork, motor and battery is 49lbs. I really apologize for mistakenly quoting the incorrect weight. It was and honest mistake. This has been updated on our FAQ section of our website. I wanted to reply with that info here to be sure we are transparent and give the most accurate info possible. That being said, the bike rips and is a ton of fun. It rides lighter than the scale says because of what we were able to do with the geometry and the short 435mm chain stays. This helps keep the bike agile and the front end feels lighter because your pivot point of the rear axle is underneath you, compared to some of the other bikes on the market that have 450-480mm chain stays.

If interested, here is a longer format video that talks about how we developed the Wire Peak and the thought that went into the frame design and component selection:
Feel free to reach out direct with any specific questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Tyler
Director- Product Development
Fezzari Bicycles

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Good info, thanks. I did see the weight and thought "no way" so glad you've cleared that up. Chainstays a bit short for me at 6'4" but a lot of people will like it, looks to be a great bike. Always good to see direct contact from a company

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
Always great to see a manufacturer providing direct info to buyers/potential buyers, and offering flexibility. Good luck with your venture Tyler.

Simon

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thanks for all of you positive feedback on the new Wire Peak. It is a bike we are really excited about. It rides even better than it looks. I wanted to jump and answer some of the questions in this thread directly.

The shock size on this bike is 210x55, so it is already a pretty long shock. The next size shock up is a 230mm eye to eye. This shock size would cause the SS yoke to hit the seat tube. Since this bike uses this metric size shock, there are options to run different shocks such as a Super Deluxe, Fox X2 and we even did some testing with coil shocks. If you'd like something different on this bike, reach out and we can help you out. We have the option to credit you back on the stock shock and upgrade to something different and minimal cost.

As far as the ride capabilities and stiffness of the frame, this thing was designed to handle rough terrain. Feel free to watch the launch video where we ride the bike through rock gardens, off drops and hit some decent size jumps on local trials around our office in Utah. You can find it here:
As far as the weight of the bike, there was a mistake when weighing the first production bike and we misquoted in the email above. The weight of a size medium Wire Peak Pro, including the dropper post, Fox 36 fork, motor and battery is 49lbs. I really apologize for mistakenly quoting the incorrect weight. It was and honest mistake. This has been updated on our FAQ section of our website. I wanted to reply with that info here to be sure we are transparent and give the most accurate info possible. That being said, the bike rips and is a ton of fun. It rides lighter than the scale says because of what we were able to do with the geometry and the short 435mm chain stays. This helps keep the bike agile and the front end feels lighter because your pivot point of the rear axle is underneath you, compared to some of the other bikes on the market that have 450-480mm chain stays.

If interested, here is a longer format video that talks about how we developed the Wire Peak and the thought that went into the frame design and component selection:
Feel free to reach out direct with any specific questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Tyler
Director- Product Development
Fezzari Bicycles
Thanks for taking the time to post on here - we really appreciate it!

Tcwersh

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Good info, thanks. I did see the weight and thought "no way" so glad you've cleared that up. Chainstays a bit short for me at 6'4" but a lot of people will like it, looks to be a great bike. Always good to see direct contact from a company

I’m actually your same height 6’4” and really like the 435mm chainstays. It helps liven the bike up and make it feel like a trail bike, in my opinion. Is there a particular reason you like the longer chainstays? I love hearing feedback from riders.

Let me know

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I’m actually your same height 6’4” and really like the 435mm chainstays. It helps liven the bike up and make it feel like a trail bike, in my opinion. Is there a particular reason you like the longer chainstays? I love hearing feedback from riders.

Let me know

I had a Trek Fuel Ex 29 before which had 432 stays and it felt like I was sat over the rear axle a lot. Was a great bike though but for me the 445 stays on my E-Sommet feel perfect. I was going to get a Spectral On but Paul Aston on Pinkbike gives some of the most honest reviews around IMO, he's a similar height to us and felt the stays compromised climbing too much so I went for the Vitus and glad I did. As you say though with the extra weight of an Ebike I'm sure there are benefits to other aspects of handling, everything's a compromise

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its impressive to get the stays that short, even with the Shimano motor, must be about the shortest seat stays out there. I would have thought that using the integrated battery, which slightly places more weight towards the front of the bike than the how the external battery is mounted on the Vitus/Merida/Canyon, so probably offsets the shorter stays to an extent while climbing.

Personally I would be intrigued to try one - a shorter travel, but still rowdy trail bike will be my next purchase.

Tcwersh

Dec 7, 2018
USA
I had a Trek Fuel Ex 29 before which had 432 stays and it felt like I was sat over the rear axle a lot. Was a great bike though but for me the 445 stays on my E-Sommet feel perfect. I was going to get a Spectral On but Paul Aston on Pinkbike gives some of the most honest reviews around IMO, he's a similar height to us and felt the stays compromised climbing too much so I went for the Vitus and glad I did. As you say though with the extra weight of an Ebike I'm sure there are benefits to other aspects of handling, everything's a compromise
That makes sense. One thing to look at too on the climbing position and chainstay length is seat tube angle. Slacker seat tubes really do make you feel you are on top of the wheel when seated. The steeper seat tube on the Wire Peak (76 degree) helps you get the weight forward to control the “wheelie-over” feel. That is one of the reasons we went with the steeper 76 degree angle. The Canyon is a cool looking bike and is really nice, but it does run the slacker 73.3/74.6 STA which can make you feel like you are over the bike of the bike with the short 430mm CS. I didn’t read Pink Bike’s review, did they happen to comment on the STA on that test? Im not sure about the Tek Fuel you had but I would imagine it’s in the 73-74 STA range? Would need to confirm. Something else that exaggerates the sitting-on-the-axle feel for us taller guys is having to run the longer seat posts out of the frame. Depending on the actual seat tube angle, every 50mm of extra seat post we need to have raised can slacken the effective seat tube angle by 0.5-1.0 full degree. Another reason why it can feel like the CS is really short on the climbs.

If you get a chance you should demo a bike with a steep STA (our La Sal Peak enduro bike is a 78 degree STA). It’s a pretty crazy feeling when pedaling but riders and media are raving about the feel of the seat tube angle.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful on how the seat tube angle effects the feel of the CS on climbing.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Yep that is all true, the Trek also has the offset seat tube design so for us lanky fellas it effectively becomes even slacker the higher your saddle is. I do like the steeper SA on the Vitus (75 from memory) so I'm sure the 76 on your bike works really well. R120 makes a good point on weight distribution too but again I guess it's a compromise as having the weight closer to the BB with the external battery really seems to help handling and traction. There was absolutely no grip out riding last night but the Vitus just felt really predictable when drifting

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Agreed. It’s a bit embarrassing to post that response, but we’d rather be up front and honest, even when we make a mistake. Thanks for understanding.
It’s ok. The mistake was corrected quickly and openly. I bet it was actually your suppliers in China that made the mistake, but you never threw em under the bus. I’m really impressed with you guys. As someone who only likes/supports bike shops for consumables and group events it’s so nice to have a direct line of communication to the manufacturer. My comment was more directed at a punch to my psyche. I’m searching for my first ebike and was very excited about the weight/$ ratio of the WP. I’ve never ridden an ebike, but I have lifted them up and really don’t like the idea of a bike so close to 50lbs. Kinda took the wind out of my sails. Sorry to be so melodramatic. I guess I just need to make a road trip out to Lindon and do a demo.

Last edited:

Tcwersh

Dec 7, 2018
USA
Its impressive to get the stays that short, even with the Shimano motor, must be about the shortest seat stays out there. I would have thought that using the integrated battery, which slightly places more weight towards the front of the bike than the how the external battery is mounted on the Vitus/Merida/Canyon, so probably offsets the shorter stays to an extent while climbing.

Personally I would be intrigued to try one - a shorter travel, but still rowdy trail bike will be my next purchase.

To get the stays that short we had to rotate the motor. It took about 7 different frame drawings and some testing to get it done, but it was worth it, we think.

The shorter stays for climbing are also offset with the steamer 76 degree seat tube angle. This helps keep weight over the front of the bike when climbing. The integrated battery also help us keep the weight slightly lower in the frame.

While only 140mm rear travel, it feels like there is more travel than that because of the progressive nature of the suspension design. We will be doing demos around Utah and Western US starting this spring. We'd love to have you try one out.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
My first ebike soul search has led me back to the Wire Peak. What are the general thoughts on sizing up? I think it’s pretty common advise for most people buying enduro bikes. I’m 179 cm and think the xl fezzari is what I’ll want. But I’m worried with ebikes that extra stability sizing up provides may be a bad thing. What do you think?

ABDB82BC-432E-4C46-8E56-BA2260D3A27F.jpeg

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I would say stick with a large - remember you have 29” wheels (assumption based on the chart you have shown above) and all that extra weight at the BB which both add stability. At the end of the day it depends more on riding style than anything else - if you want to monster truck over everything size up, if manualing and popping off roots and ruts is more you thing then stick to a smaller size.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I really like the new steep SA’s we’re now getting(75.5/76 bring it on!). If you buy a bike with your normal reach that youve been riding, and it has the new steep SA It can make the toptube/cockpit feel cramped. Not saying one size or the other on the wire peak for you but something to consider. Long torso/short inseam you may consider xl or opposite short torso/long inseam you might want to stay with large. Standover is close between sizes

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles