Fezzari Friday - Wire Peak Pro

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
I'm stoked! I sure hope Fezzari has put a bit of care and a lot of sensible engineering into the Wire Peak Pro. I just got the notice from Fedex:

Scheduled delivery:
Fri, 1/11/2019 between 0930 and 1300

I will test it a bit on Friday afternoon and then Saturday it goes into the local woods for a 26 mile shake-down! So far, the folks at Fezzari have been exceptionally accommodating. Great job so far!

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I actually hadn't heard of this company. Looks pretty cool and kinda reminds me of the older Santa Cruz Nomad's from around 2009 :) Not long for you to wait! :D

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Not long for you to wait!

I started my e-bike "acquisition adventure" mid-December. I ordered a Giant Trance E+ 1, got it home from the LBS just after Christmas but the battery would not charge or power up the motor. It went back to the LBS and Giant credited my my entire purchase back to my card.

Then I decided it's time to try a 100% online retailer. Fezzari is not a new bike maker but it appears they are trying harder. I'm only hoping I get a very competent, reliable eMTB. Nothing more, nothing less.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Very glad I decided to take the plunge on this technology. I've been riding a new Diamondback Release 4C for the last 6 months and it has been a blast. I just rode the same trail I usually run on the DB. The bike took me along on my usual 3 big hill climbs on the same ride/same day. Usually it's 1 per daily ride, max. I put the motor in max power mode and rocketed up the biggest climb like it wasn't there. Certainly more to learn on using assist, but right now, all I can say is this is a pretty amazing bicycle.
Before ride photo:

IMG_20190111_145005.jpg

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Nice bike, but what is going on with the bars? :eek: They look like they might be off a touring bike, with ergo grips and bar ends added too. I'm afraid fitting those to a Fezzari has the same effect as adding furry dice to an E-Type Jag IMO...

Last edited:

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Nice bike, but what is going on with the bars? :eek: They look like they might be off a touring bike, with ergo grips and bar ends added too. I'm afraid fitting those to a Fezzari has the same effect as adding furry dice an to an E-Type Jag IMO...

What color dice?

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Did another 25 miles on the Fezzari and the only issue so far is pairing my android phone with the drive system. I figure opening up the manual might help. Perhaps. Power in Eco mode is plentiful and approaching ludicrous when using boost. Keep the cadence over 70 and the bike just wants to go.

Range info on the Shimano bar mounted screen showed another 33 miles available on Eco. I did use BOOST a few times up steep-ish hills and rode in trail mode for a couple of sections. It appears 60 miles on Eco is quite attainable. I have to crunch the output from the gps to get climb numbers but there wasn't much flat ground. Nearly all of the trails were soft sand, which really sucks down the power.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Just got back from my "after-work exercise on the bike" ride. I know, not a very catchy title...

On the lightweight, all-pedal MTB, I'm usually right around 11mph moving average. Today it was mostly cold out there and I was not dressed for it, so the pedal was put to the stops to try to get warm. My timeslip showed a very nice 16.1mph moving average on the Fezzari eMTB.

Note: Absolutely no animals or small children were harmed during the execution of this timed event.

Last edited:

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
I still can't find a set of the fuzzy pink dice, pls hang tight on that announcement and accompanying photo shoot. Was able to set a personal best today and yes, I still got a great workout.
PersBest.JPG

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Managed a smidgen more than 33 miles over the last four days. Found more swamp than I wanted today so it is a good thing it's too cold for the gators and snakes to be moving very fast. Hit a couple of hidden holes in the trail today and was VERY pleased how well the FOX suspenders absorbed the hit.

Pic BEFORE the swamp crawling:
for emtb.jpg

Last edited:

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Just don't forget your BT passcode.
No worries, It's not a tough one...

FWIW, this is turning out to be a marginally sane purchase compared to what I originally thought was really stupid. Please note, I did not use "incredibly stupid", although I have made those purchases in my life. Fun factor on this is 9/10. If I could go all day in Trail mode on one battery it would be 10/10.
I've only noticed the weight when I have to lift the bike into my vehicle. The motor allows me to ride in much stronger wind conditions than my pedal bike so I'll ride it more often. The 2.8 size plus tires are phenomenal in the soft stuff we ride and the DT Swiss wheels are stout enough to take the hits at speed from those hidden mangrove roots. So far, I've not found anything annoying or unpleasant.

Last edited:

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Definitely riding more often. Strong wind doesn't keep me indoors anymore and so far, neither does much cooler temps.
WPP in the grass.jpg

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Ride at lunch today. Proper British weather too. Cold, damp, slight drizzle and a muddy/puddled track. I haven't forgotten about the FPD (fuzzy pink dice) yet, no worries, it will happen...
avg mph.jpg

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
You’re welcome... ?

Ps - When you ordered your Fezzari, how much duty did you have to pay to import it? It looks competitively prices on paper, but import duty would dent that severely...

Last edited:

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Thank you for the AMZ link, but one must buy pink fuzzy dice from a Traveling Circus /Carnival vendor.

Ps - When you ordered your Fezzari, how much duty did you have to pay to import it? It looks competitively prices on paper, but import duty would dent that severely...

I'm one of those troublesome yanks. When I say "proper British weather" it is only by comparing some of the UK mainland videos posted with my conditions yesterday...

Last edited:

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
30 days.jpg
Well, Monday was 30 days with the Fezzari Wire Peak Pro. (Fezzari has a 30 day - love it or return it guarantee) Only had the time to ride 200 miles/320 km in that month, but the bike is STAYING in my shed. Zero issues with electronics, battery or hard bits. Great service and phone support when I did have questions.

WELL DONE Fezzari!!!!!

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Just installed a tubeless Schwalbe Magic Mary 27.5+/2.8 on the back hoop, replacing a Maxxis Rekon 27.5x2.8 3C Exo Maxx Terra 120 TPI. Hoping to get better drive from the rear wheel in deep sugar sand and perhaps gain a bit more stability on some of the blackish/slick mud we have in these here parts. FWIW, once you get in our light gray, gooey stuff, forget the word traction. We try to avoid that ground at any cost. Maybe spiked tires used for ice racing would grip!!!

Already have a Magic Mary 27.5+/2.8 on the front (replaced the Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5x2.8 3C Exo Maxx Terra 120 TPI) and it is definitely more confidence inspiring in slick mud. One other nice thing, it didn't slap me to the ground when I tried to rail a flat corner too sharply carrying too much speed. It was a nice gentle slide, which I recovered from pretty easily.

IMHO, it is sooooooooooo nice not worrying about any kind of weight penalty when trying out more aggressive rubber. eMTB FTW!!!

More later...

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
My derailleur consumed a bit too much fiber on the ride yesterday:
unhappy sram.jpg
Bike is upside-down to attempt a trail-side repair. No go on that job...

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
On the stand after a wash. Only change lately is going from 27.5 wheels to 29s. Yes, the Fezzari is a pack mule. The rear bag carries my cell phone, multi-tool and snack bar. The front carries the tire pump, bug spray, dog biscuits, zip-ties, spare hanger, gaffer tape and a puncture repair kit. I do have to put 3oz or so of sealant in there too, next time I think about it....
unbroke.jpg

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Any more updates please? There is so little out there on the WirePeak. How is the access to the battery?

Easy access to battery. I just make sure I don't smash my hand when undoing the retaining clip and yanking the battery away from the top locking mechanism. It's a good snug fit and requires a tug to remove.

Wirepeak Pro has been outstanding. No issues, all the bits have held up well and I'm back to pedaling now that the keepers of our trails have opened things back up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles