Fastest speeds

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Had a skim through my Strava to find my fastest eeb descent to date, 37.8mph on a loose gravel track down Black Hambleton, one of the highest points on North Yorkshire Moors

027F1806-04C2-48B0-9DF0-8A18829E145D.png

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
I got flagged down by a copper on foot coming into Marlborough on the A4. I was 12 at the time on my Carlton racing bike and hit the 30mph zone doing just over 40mph. Got a stern talking to! It broke my speedo too, I wasn't happy as it only went up to 40mph... :D This was about 1977!

On mountain bikes I've regularly been around 40mph on fire roads in Scotland, on the eeb I've done mid-30s around Rivington and Winter Hill trails - they can get pretty bumpy and gnarly, certainly not smooth...
OMG I had a Carlton racing bike, I'd forgotten all about it, thanks for the memory!!!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
on my regular ride me and Dane (not on here) ride the same route and see who can get the fastest, he is nearly 20 stone so has a natural advantage and is currently beating me by 3mph
me: 45mph
Dane: 48mph
its a downhill fireroad and gets unreasonably scary :D

What tyres are you on ? I’m convinced I’ve either hit my limit, or need to find a longer steeper descent, or my tyres have too much resistance

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Looking at my strava rides ive hit just over 36mph, this is a regular ride i do and must have had less headwind than usual as the other stats are around 32mph for that section. Loose gravel and grassy track with some small airtime bumps to jump on.
Screenshot_20210421-192418__01.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
This was messing around on a ride just trying to go as fast as possible everywhere, conditions were dry, Trails - deserted and I'd walked them all over the previous couple of days removing every twig. E-wilds on a 2019 Kenevo. .. Print is from Golden Cheetah, which is useful for analysing your riding for cadence, speed, power tracking and so on :

old ride.png

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
What tyres are you on ? I’m convinced I’ve either hit my limit, or need to find a longer steeper descent, or my tyres have too much resistance
about the worst tyres imaginable for speed :D
winter tyres are still on, maxxis assegai in 2.5 DH casing and maxxgrip comound.
summer tyres going on for next ride, michelin wild 2.4 gumx - slightly faster but still heavy and sticky

its just a long a sketchy fireroad and I do tuck in and everything :D

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
about the worst tyres imaginable for speed :D
winter tyres are still on, maxxis assegai in 2.5 DH casing and maxxgrip comound.
summer tyres going on for next ride, michelin wild 2.4 gumx - slightly faster but still heavy and sticky

its just a long a sketchy fireroad and I do tuck in and everything :D

I’m just watching EMBN whist tucking into my chicken jambalaya and weirdly they have stated that wider rear tyres tend to be faster than thinner tyres, so 2.8’s or 3.0’s. I would have thought it was the opposite, less resistance and all that. I was going to swap my DHR 2.8 for an e-wild 2.6, but now I’m not sure!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
This was messing around on a ride just trying to go as fast as possible everywhere, conditions were dry, Trails - deserted and I'd walked them all over the previous couple of days removing every twig. E-wilds on a 2019 Kenevo. .. Print is from Golden Cheetah, which is useful for analysing your riding for cadence, speed, power tracking and so on :

View attachment 59312

So if I’ve read your graph correctly, you dropped in off a cliff at around 55mph (I can’t do kph, it hurts my head) hit the brakes before you died and slowed to around 40mph, and then hammered the flatter trail at an average of around 25mph ? Great effort

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
So if I’ve read your graph correctly, you dropped in off a cliff at around 55mph (I can’t do kph, it hurts my head) hit the brakes before you died and slowed to around 40mph, and then hammered the flatter trail at an average of around 25mph ? Great effort
There would be more where the speed gets lower not shown on the graph which would be where it's either flatter or climbing, sadly my legs are not the size of tree trunks !

It effectively shows more the time spent at/above each speed, rather than linear as the ride goes along - so it's probably more confusing than useful ! :)

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
I hit a sheep on the motorbike last summer on the road from Tan Hill to Reeth at 50mph. It just ran across the road straight into my bike out of nowhere. Luckily it just glanced the side of the bike and my foot. The sheep was ok, my foot swelled up and was painful to walk on for a week, The bike required new fairings

A couple of weeks later and the first ride after fitting the new fairings, I headbutted a pigeon at 70mph. Pigeon exploded. I was fine. Made a right mess of my helmet though
We did a track day at Phillip island, Geese were wandering across the track... I was lucky enough not to get any “170 odd mph down the start finish straight” but a few others not so lucky, few bikes got totalled, don’t think anyone got seriously hurt though

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
We did a track day at Phillip island, Geese were wandering across the track... I was lucky enough not to get any “170 odd mph down the start finish straight” but a few others not so lucky, few bikes got totalled, don’t think anyone got seriously hurt though
I was going to try and make a funny comment about "You're Goosed" but thought I'd better check that for the international market. Oh my, don't search for that .. !

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
No limits a couple years back?

my pal was on that, some mad damage to some of the bikes ?

olde-mtber

Nov 1, 2019
New Zealand
I ride a mixture of tarmac and fire roads, 4x4 tracks and single track. On tarmac 62kph and on the 4x4 track 50kph and that was scary full of potholes ruts stones and rocks all on a bog standard 2019 Powerfly FS5 so running xr3 bontrager tires front and rear running 34psi a lot of fun so never underestimate a 69 almost 70 year old on a e-mtb.

stumpydumpy

Dec 15, 2020
Europe
For all this and my personal experience, aside tires, tirepressure etc. I would be interested in the brakes you all are using. ;)
Perhaps this is the only topic where I can shine for just a little.?
My bike at that time was a Scott e-Genius 700Tuned. std Maxxis DHF and DHR, pressure normally at about 1.8 and with only the brakes changed to Sram Code rsc, rotors 203 front and rear.
Two years ago I did 65 m/hr or 105 km/hr . The Shimano display stopped at 99.9 km/hr, where as the Garmin with extra indicator on the front-hub kept to the job.
It was on a ski-slope black in Mayrhofen Austria on bare rocks.
The brakes were at, or perhaps over the top af there abilities. The braking had to be done mx style.
In the meantime I have changed bikes to a S-Works Levo and untill now I could't improve my top speed.

Have fun and stay save to you all

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
For all this and my personal experience, aside tires, tirepressure etc. I would be interested in the brakes you all are using. ;)
Perhaps this is the only topic where I can shine for just a little.?
My bike at that time was a Scott e-Genius 700Tuned. std Maxxis DHF and DHR, pressure normally at about 1.8 and with only the brakes changed to Sram Code rsc, rotors 203 front and rear.
Two years ago I did 65 m/hr or 105 km/hr . The Shimano display stopped at 99.9 km/hr, where as the Garmin with extra indicator on the front-hub kept to the job.
It was on a ski-slope black in Mayrhofen Austria on bare rocks.
The brakes were at, or perhaps over the top af there abilities. The braking had to be done mx style.
In the meantime I have changeds bikes to a S-Works Levo and untill now I could't improve my top speed.

Have fun and stay save to you all
Being chased by a polar bear was you...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles