Fantic Integra 160 first look video

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
Fantic Integra XF1 Electric Mountain Bike First Look

Great overview Rob. Exciting that they have increased the battery size from the typical 500Wh offerings. Looking forward to the review as I am very interested in a 160mm travel ebike but concerned that they may provide less rider feedback.

It would be good to hear if Fantic also have a way of controlling the motor such as the Mission Control App and what the Fantic warranty periods are?

Keep up the good work and excellent production values.

Last edited:

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
Great video. I personally would never buy a bike with a marquardt unit again. the fantic is a great bike with great look and specs, but the contoller is fully crap (ergonomics and functionality)

Shimanomike

Jan 6, 2019
Paris, Tn
Im curious about the weight. Looks like good components and also there is availability in the US, unlike the Levo! I'm almost tired of waiting on it!

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Looks nice, but apparently it’s not the greatest climber or the most nimble. Knowing more than I did at my last purchase (an analog trail bike) I personally wouldn’t choose a single-pivot faux-bar over a Horst link or VPP, but in reality that’s probably something that would only truly matter for riders better than myself.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Nice vid Rob. I must have seen it just after you posted it on YouTube, which is when I started looking into the Fantic. I know what you mean about Nokia display hahaha. The Fantic is probably wasted on my lack of skill, but I don't care, it looks amazing. Got the black & fluo yellow one arriving in 2 weeks. Can't wait ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Looks nice, but apparently it’s not the greatest climber or the most nimble. Knowing more than I did at my last purchase (an analog trail bike) I personally wouldn’t choose a single-pivot faux-bar over a Horst link or VPP, but in reality that’s probably something that would only truly matter for riders better than myself.
It's an odd bike. Trying to get the best out of it is tough. There's a lot thats wrong with it that needs sorting out of the box, for a £5k bike shouldn't need doing.

Its almost like this bike shouldnt exist. They have the 180mm Integra which on paper looks FAR better (if you want it for that type of riding).

This one is strange... Too lazy for trails, not *quite* enough travel for enduro or downhill. DOnt get me wrong, its a good descender, but if I were getting a bike for Enduro / DH and I wanted a Fantic I'd get the 180.

I think they should have made this more trail focused. And kept the Integra 180 for the rough stuff.

Has some very good things, motor, battery etc, and you will be able to turn it into a good bike, but stuff needs sorting.

I will bring more details in my video review.

Last edited:

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
It's an odd bike. Trying to get the best out of it is tough. There's a lot thats wrong with it that needs sorting out of the box, for a £5k bike shouldn't need doing.

Its almost like this bike shouldnt exist. They have the 180mm Integra which on paper looks FAR better (if you want it for that type of riding).

This one is strange... Too lazy for trails, not *quite* enough travel for enduro or downhill. DOnt get me wrong, its a good descender, but if I were getting a bike for Enduro / DH and I wanted a Fantic I'd get the 180.

I think they should have made this more trail focused. And kept the Integra 180 for the rough stuff.

Has some very good things, motor, battery etc, and you will be able to turn it into a good bike, but stuff needs sorting.

I will bring more details in my video review.
Sorry for repeating myself, but did you find an improvement in milage with 650 battery compared to 500 battery bikes? I mean if deciding between Fantic and Levo an improved range would be a dealbraker for me.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sorry for repeating myself, but did you find an improvement in milage with 650 battery compared to 500 battery bikes? I mean if deciding between Fantic and Levo an improved range would be a dealbraker for me.
Yes, it has an increased range.

But that would be the least of the things that I'd be worries about with this bike. It's hugely different to the Levo.

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Yes, it has an increased range.

But that would be the least of the things that I'd be worries about with this bike. It's hugely different to the Levo.
At the end of next week I'm ordering my first eMTB. Chosing between 2018 Levo, Fantic 180 and Mondraker e-Crushee R+. Really looking forward to your review of the Fantic and comparison to Levo to help with my decision )

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
At the end of next week I'm ordering my first eMTB. Chosing between 2018 Levo, Fantic 180 and Mondraker e-Crushee R+. Really looking forward to your review of the Fantic and comparison to Levo to help with my decision )
What kind of stuff will you be riding? Am getting a Mondraker e-Crushee soon too ?

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
What kind of stuff will you be riding? Am getting a Mondraker e-Crushee soon too ?

We don't really have trails or parks in where I live. So basically I ride country roads, forest footpaths as well as some offroad (moderately deep snow, grass, fields, forest with lots of fallen trees and branches).

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
We don't really have trails or parks in where I live. So basically I ride country roads, forest footpaths as well as some offroad (moderately deep snow, grass, fields, forest with lots of fallen trees and branches).
I definitely would look at something else. You mentioned the Levo, something like this, a more trail oriented bike will be more suited to what you are riding, the geometry and kinematics of it will suit your riding more. The Fantic comes alive downhill.

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
If I was replacing my 2018 Levo now this would be on the shortlist on looks alone but interesting that Robs comments throw up a few negatives. Looking forward to the full review.

What I will be looking for is something that handles like the Levo (from an agility perspective) but with 180 travel and without the weight penalty of the Kenevo. My riding is mainly trail centres, moorland etc but always focused on going as fast as possible downhill with all the air that entails (but at 57 we're not talking 20m gaps). Not remotely interested in climbing ability as long as it will winch me back up. Probably will wait until the 2020 models come out.

ehansen007

Feb 17, 2019
Aliso
Picked up a 180 demo unit. I’ve also ridden the 160. Suspension is just so much better on the 180. Definitely more raked but so plush. I’m having a blast so far. The motor is very smooth and it seems like it has another gear when it gets into the RPM range. The short chain stays do make the front a little light on climbing but it makes the bike so fun and poppie you don’t even worry about it. The mixer helps it corner better for sure. The one thing I noticed is that you have to be careful with lowering the dropper into the frame because it can hit the shock and mess up the cable. Battery has great range and I was able to keep up with a Pivot shuttle which is ten pounds lighter. At 55lbs it’s a fatty but with this battery and motor setup it doesn’t penalize you. We took it down a windy single track yesterday and it cornered better than I thought. Didn’t hit the gnar yet but I suspect it will just mow stuf down. Here’s a first pass.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Yeah I couldn't find anything either, Rob if you're reading this, where did you get yours from? Sorry if you've already said, I'm new here :giggle:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yeah I couldn't find anything either, Rob if you're reading this, where did you get yours from? Sorry if you've already said, I'm new here :giggle:
Sure. This one is from Mountain Trax in Berkshire. They can get them in for demo if you’d like to try.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Two Wheels in Stourbridge had 2018 demo bikes, I don't know if they still have them.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Saw a 160 in Gateway cycles Abergaveny last wk
Mate of mine demod a 180 from Damien Harris in Cardiff a few wks ago .
Luved it and ordered one . Due in this wk

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Wind wave in Gosport are the official importers & appear to have a few in stock. Sadly, not my Black & yellow one yet though ?. Gabriel Cycles in Purbrook, Hants. have a 180 in store that belongs to Sam, the owner. I'm sure you could test ride.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I like the look of the XF2 hardtail, Brose motor with a 630wh battery sounds good, not sure how much it costs though...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles