Ezesty- a few months have passed. How is it working out?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Any experience with the Ezesty over time? Is the less powerfull motor an issue?
How is quality?
It was such a hot topic a few months ago, but lately I dont hear much.

Last edited:

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Any experience with the Ezesty over time? Is the less powerfull motor an issue?
How is quality?
It was such a hot topic a few months ago, but lately I dont hear much.
Still loving it. I got rid of the sram re brakes for hope v4 with a floating front disc purely for looks but works amazing. I'm losing more and more weight and even find riding it with the motor off great. My fitness is better than ever. I'm still out a few times a week, so about 80km a week. not missing the extra power of my shimano system at all. No problems to report.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Still loving it. I got rid of the sram re brakes for hope v4 with a floating front disc purely for looks but works amazing. I'm losing more and more weight and even find riding it with the motor off great. My fitness is better than ever. I'm still out a few times a week, so about 80km a week. not missing the extra power of my shimano system at all. No problems to report.
Oh and did my first ever enduro a couple of weeks ago and the bike was awsome, I was useless. ?

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Sadly all sold out until the 2020 models hit in October (unless you fit an xl) Otherwise I would be very tempted.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Sadly all sold out until the 2020 models hit in October (unless you fit an xl) Otherwise I would be very tempted.
Sold out? That's nuts. Where are they? The emtb community isn't that big I'd wager so surely others would at least know someone who knows someone? I'd love to talk to another owner rather than someone who is doing a review. Except Rob hes more or less like ourselves.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sold out? That's nuts. Where are they? The emtb community isn't that big I'd wager so surely others would at least know someone who knows someone? I'd love to talk to another owner rather than someone who is doing a review. Except Rob hes more or less like ourselves.
There’s only about 6 in the wild in the UK at the moment. But a lot ordered. They will start shipping very soon. @Welshrobinireland you we’re a lucky first owner!

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
There’s only about 6 in the wild in the UK at the moment. But a lot ordered. They will start shipping very soon. @Welshrobinireland you we’re a lucky first owner!
swapped out the sram for hopes
IMG-20190330-WA0005.jpeg
IMG-20190330-WA0003.jpeg

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK

My guess is they did not get access to many motors. I get the impression fazsua is a tiny company and they have proved very popular on e-road bikes. I have one on my raven. Wonder if I send it to them they would put it into an e-zesty frame for me ;)

WheelsandBoards

Dec 13, 2018
Cirencester
Be very interested if there is any noise from the motor ?? We have a couple of 2018 Levi's which are very quiet.....like the idea of the zesty but really don't want to go to a whirring motor.....

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Be very interested if there is any noise from the motor ?? We have a couple of 2018 Levi's which are very quiet.....like the idea of the zesty but really don't want to go to a whirring motor.....
I've ridden or been around all the motors and the brose on the older model levo is about the quietest I'd heard until I was on this fazua. Yes you can hear it but you really have to try. you wouldn't be disappointed I'm sure. The only thing you might be disappointed with is maybe the lack of power. That said, when I now get on my e-genius I think that's got too much power. It's funny what you can get used too I suppose. also if you go out with other ebikers on "regular" emtbs then expect to be left behind.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
I've got one I've swapped out brakes and fitted a 34t hope ring on front yes you have to work a bit harder on climbs but there are a lot more pros than cons I love it

View attachment 14007
Love it. I see you have the hope brakes also. Just got the empty down tube cover and will be trying a small spin going commando in the coming days. ? I dont die lol.

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Love it. I see you have the hope brakes also. Just got the empty down tube cover and will be trying a small spin going commando in the coming days. ? I dont die lol.
Yes pal the bigger ring on the front gives it a bit faster pace I've a blank and spare battery on order but arnt the ace turned with no assist super smooth
Last night in a pack of 6 bikes I was cruising down the tarmac in zero assist riding with a levo carbon and the lad had his in eco just to keep up

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
Has anyone actually weighed one yet? I'd be interested to know just how far under 20kg it is in the real world with pedals (y)
Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles