expensive carbon bike on the roof @ 38°C

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
do you have experience about this topic? i should drive for 800km from tuscany to Toulouse, so i expect hot temperature for all the journey
am i doing it right or i should arrange "her" aside the other two sons... :cool: ?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Ive driven similar routes with my carbon emtb and will be heading to San Marino from the UK shortly.

Id say remove the battery and you should be ok. Id be more worried about someone nicking it from the roof at rest stops.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
i read about carbon junctions and epoxy glue under uv. In my case it's easier put the sons on the roof than remove the battery.. downside of levo sl.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Ah, yup the battery on the SL is a pita to remove. I think the carbon joints should be ok but it may be worth saving the hassle of battery removal by putting it in the car.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
do you have experience about this topic? i should drive for 800km from tuscany to Toulouse, so i expect hot temperature for all the journey
am i doing it right or i should arrange "her" aside the other two sons... :cool: ?

There's no need to worry about your bike, battery, ultraviolet, infrared, or even gamma radiation. You can even ride your bike at those temps, if you choose. Personally, I try to plan rides so I'm home by the time it hits 30. The kids are another story. Leave them home and lock them in the basement. Leave the passenger seat open in case you come across any attractive trail bunnies on the trip.

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
There's no need to worry about your bike, battery, ultraviolet, infrared, or even gamma radiation. You can even ride your bike at those temps, if you choose. Personally, I try to plan rides so I'm home by the time it hits 30. The kids are another story. Leave them home and lock them in the basement. Leave the passenger seat open in case you come across any attractive trail bunnies on the trip.
You didn't mention farts. I ride under this condition too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles