Exercise

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Different slant on Push ups .. "bring sally up" ..

Don't know about everyone else but I get bored doing them so might give this a go. I came up with a really good variation on the Hundu Pushup years ago which destroyed you, but I can't for the life of me remember what I did ..

Not totally sure on his theory of stopping short, I guess because you're holding position this must make it harder as he says going low makes it easier - so that must relate to the hold as doing shorts like he's doing are normally wayyyy easier .

Interesting alternative to spice things up...

I don’t like his accent, but the challenge is interesting. I will try it with my TRX routine

My PT tells me that full range of motion is important as it increases flexibility.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don’t like his accent, but the challenge is interesting. I will try it with my TRX routine
emoji12.png
I just tried one song run through and it was "considerably" !!!!! harder than just banging out pressups - even with doing the stop at level arms. Thinking about it, when you do the "down" you could goto the floor with chest and then come up and "Hold" at level arm until the sally up.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Can't help but think these will help with strength/manoeuvrability on the bike as you move around (if you move around - if you don't - it probably won't make any difference ! :) )

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Some decent exercises there. I had a session today with my personal trainer, then took the dog for a walk. Felt great. Then had cheese and biscuits for lunch and a kebab for dinner, so feel sad now.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is anyone still exercising or have the Lockdown Blues finally drained all your enthusiasm?

I managed to drag my far arse into the garage for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. The resulting workout was pretty much as expected but still disappointing.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 162358.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Fuck no! I need to trough a Mars Bar after drinking a Diet Coke to get rid of the chemical aftertaste!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Managed to get to the gym yesterday, did this;

Screenshot 2021-04-12 172003.png

And then did this today;

Screenshot 2021-04-13 202051.png

Basically re-starting Stronglifts from scratch, so chucking in the free weights to keep the heartrate up rather than rest.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Basically re-starting Stronglifts from scratch, so chucking in the free weights to keep the heartrate up rather than rest.

After a 3 month lockdown with no access to the gym I've had to de-load my Stronglifts and I want to ensure I get the form right, especially the squats as my left knee is fucked.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Of course, I’m all ears if you have any suggestions.

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
Managed to get to the gym yesterday, did this;

View attachment 58530

And then did this today;

View attachment 58531

Can't fault Stronglifts. Really good progressive system. You'll be back where you were with that in a fairly short period.
I usually alternate between Push/Pull/Legs and 5x5, as they get me in and out of the gym within 30 mins.

Got a 23 year old Saracen MTB set up on a Turbo Trainer in my garage and usually catch 25 mins each morning on that before starting work. Currently getting out on EMTB most weekends.

Gyms basically closed down in Wales last year, so left my membership to lapse. Set up my shed in the meantime to keep me ticking over and now really enjoy it in there on my own with a bit of Spotify going through the speaker.
Still carry a bit of weight, even though training, but I in no way watch my diet or beer intake.

IMG_20210414_082056.png

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
After a 3 month lockdown with no access to the gym I've had to de-load my Stronglifts and I want to ensure I get the form right, especially the squats as my left knee is fucked.
Yep, then I understand that. But still, you are on de-load stage so why no rest between sets. And 90 min of those exercises, that's a lot.
If I remember right, on both training methods 5x5 and Stronglifts the lenght of the training session should not exceed one hour.

I personally like 5x5 method more, because you have every week one heavy day and one light day. At this age, I need recovery.

The purpose is to maintain and even increase muscle condition. But I'm not aiming to be a powerlifter. But still power is the speed.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you look, you’ll see that I’m actually doing 2 StrongLifts sessions each time at the moment which is why it’s taking 90 minutes. Once I get close to my old peak I’ll only do one session per day, 3 times per week, following the program properly. As it is, it just isn’t enough work for me not to do extra reps and extra exercises. Yes, I could just bang the weight back up to where I left off but that’s likely to result in injury. I’ve got chronic DOMS today as it is...
I’ll also resume my functional strength workouts once I’m lifting enough to tax me. I’ve got two workouts that designed for me my a PT and they are good fun and bloody hard work if you hit them hard!

Bellefield

Aug 5, 2020
Isle of Man
Long rides, hill treks and drinking coffee has been my lockdown routine... lost 10kg so far, having said that we’ve only been in lockdown for six weeks, should be coming out of it on Monday, a couple of trips to the pub and I’ll put that all back on again.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’m back in the gym now, so I’ll do the workout below three days a week (with some extra cardio thrown in for good measure ? ) an hour of intense cardio twice a week, and a 2k swim five times a week.

47DE9F8A-65BD-4FA5-AF77-EB9657589572.jpeg

I’m interested in toning up, rather than bulking up, and this just works. Sensible eating is the key though. ?

Saturdays and any warm evenings will be out on the bike.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The weight is going up nicely so I've dropped to one workout per gym session with some bodyweight stuff in between and arms at the end.

Screenshot 2021-04-21 163904.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles