Exercise

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
I do circuit training with a pal who’s an ex pro boxer. We train at our gym at work, it’s brutal but fantastic exercise. He pushes me way harder than I’d train solo.

although I’ve been slacking last few months.

use the gym on and off, can’t really run anymore as I mangled my leg a few years back.

the odd ride out on the road bike too.

walk the dog loads

don’t do nearly as much as I should or would like ?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
When the gym is open, I normally spend an hour a day training, followed by a 2km swim every day. During lockdown, the eBikes are my exercise, I just ride with them switched off as much as possible. But now the snow is here, I'm walking the dog and doing a lot of surfing at home. :D

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I could only do 2 out of 4 things in the first 10 second intro .. Some other nice simple examples for all us lazy people who only like to train for 2 minutes maximum ;) :ROFLMAO:

with you Zimmer I dont know if thats a serious video or some sort of NSFW content

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I hate gyms and running is bad for you. Ride, surf and tennis.
You don't want to play tennis, you could get tennis elbow :) And Surfing ... dangerous - surfers ear, pink eye, gastroenteritis, shark attack, wet - always wet ! It's not like mountain biking where there's sometimes wet, it's just always wet - try and find some goretex surfer gear - nightmare ! :ROFLMAO:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yup I have never been able to do gyms - most of my exercise is accidental, in that I get exercise as a side effect of the activity I am doing, though as I grow older I am beginning to see that something that would improve my core strength and flexibility would be a good idea.

The fittest I have ever been was when I lived in the Alps and spent an average of 4 hours a day every day skiing and snowboarding for half the year, hiking up stuff etc etc, by the end of a season I would be a machine as you end up using pretty much every muscle group going, and at altitude.

Working in construction the fitness/strength levels of some of the guys I work with is phenomenal, a lot of it being old school "man strength" gained from years of hard labor on building sites, its the kind of strength you cant build in a gym, as its gained from constant exposure to hard physical activity on a daily basis. A lot of scaffolders would be a good example of this, but they are a strange enough breed of human being in the first place!

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA
Strength training and stretching for 30 minutes every morning and usually ride 5 days per week but that ended with weekly snowfall.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Gym and padel here! Padel boom here in Sweden and I used to play a lot in Spain when I lived there. Is padel big in the UK too?
For anyone making the same mistake as me and wondering if that's like paddle boarding .... :)

Bravestarr

Apr 26, 2019
Fife, Scotland
Weights on Mon, Wed, Fri. Sit-ups & Press-ups Tuesday and Thursday and then I run 4 days a week.(I aim not to do back to back runs where possible). Very moderate mileage. I average about 22 miles a week.
I've found that in lockdown it has been fairly straightforward to keep to a good routine.

Overall, I am trying to build in durability, I can do a decent run or big ride and not feel really beaten up the next day. The weights and core stuff really help to look after my back. (I had some sciatica troubles years ago).
Not including biking it probably works out to an hour a day. I am mid 50s and probably have never been fitter. Well worth the investment.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I've done nothing but drink very Strong IPA beer since the swimming pools closed back in December. I've put on at least 6kg's. Last bike ride was a month ago. Depressed for sure.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I've done nothing but drink very Strong IPA beer since the swimming pools closed back in December. I've put on at least 6kg's. Last bike ride was a month ago. Depressed for sure.
Opposite here. I can loose weight when I stop exercising. Lost about 5-6kg with a small medical issue. Gained it back, and more, when I started riding again. Small-world-problems I know but being under weight and out of shape can cause problems too.
I always feel better after a ride.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Walking..with the missus thats spelt with L just in case there is a typo ..
i always thought the old "Geordie" and north west area
dialects pronounced the "L" as an "N"
as they generally pronounce the "W" as a "O"
as in Toon, to the rest of England that is a "Town"

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
i always thought the old "Geordie" and north west area
dialects pronounced the "L" as an "N"
as they generally pronounce the "W" as a "O"
as in Toon, to the rest of England that is a "Town"
I…didn’t get this at first, and now I’m even more confused. I must not understand British humour at times.
But I’m trying to pronounce “Pilates” as many times as I can. It’s a good verbal exercise even when you don’t know what it is.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Shagging is my main daily exercise.
Last time I checked two pushes doesn't constitute exercise. :ROFLMAO: Sorry I might have misunderstood the colloquialism , I take it you are not referring to spotting particular bird types are you? Trekking for miles to spot a Shag can be very exhausting and good exercise.?‍♂️

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Stihldog ..Im surprised you "got " it at all !..
Its a very pronounced accent ..( Geordie ) ..and within that accent there are a number of different dialects ..Ive a feeling though that Mr.G is having a bit of a go at me for my uncomplimentary remarks about Yorkshire(men) in a previous unrelated post ?..
This might give you a bit of an idea ...

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Stihldog ..Im surprised you "got " it at all !..
Its a very pronounced accent ..( Geordie ) ..and within that accent there are a number of different dialects ..Ive a feeling though that Mr.G is having a bit of a go at me for my uncomplimentary remarks about Yorkshire(men) in a previous unrelated post ?..
This might give you a bit of an idea ...
wouldn`t dream of it Hodge
video fu..ing brilliant though, thats just like
a couple of "Geordies" i know (piss artists)or used to be
when the boozers were open.
didn`t expect the Canadians to get it, dont think the
Yanks will either.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles