Etrance bar and stem

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Pdoz- aluminium wouldn’t be too hard to work with, f/g may shatter ?

Mike

Looking at the mounting points , I'm thinking a degree of plasticity / sacrificial bash plate makes sense ? ( There's 2 screws to the lower frame, but also 2 on the motor.) The original plastic plate has snapped at the motor mounts - which is a lot smarter than it breaking the motor! There is about 2 fingers gap between the plate and motor, I'm not sure it that's because they used the prepro 2017 part , or designed it that way but I'm going to risk a closer fit / less flexible fibreglass version for a few rides then ponder some more.

I've had alloy motorbike bashpates tear frame lugs off.... much to consider

POB

Nov 16, 2019
Norway
Sorry mate, not sure, as I am lazy and I got my LBS to do it, the bike was already in for rim repairs and so I got them to do the whole thing. From memory the canister was under $100 and I got new fork seals at the same time and they where approx $40.

I have a Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro 2019. I would very much like to replace the air shaft assembly to get 160 mm of travel. However, my LBS says that there is no air shaft longer than 150 mm for my fork (Fox 36 Float Rhythm 27.5+ 150mm, e-Bike optimized)
I have been googling a lot, and from what I have found, the fork requires a Rhythm air shaft (i.e. the Float air shaft cannot be used). The longest 34-size Rhythm air shaft is 150 mm...
In other words...it seems like I'm stuck with 150 mm of travel.

Any chance you could check with your LBS what they did to extend your fork? :)

Last edited:

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I have a Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro 2019. I would very much like to replace the air shaft assembly to get 160 mm of travel. However, my LBS says that there is no air shaft longer than 150 mm for my fork (Fox 36 Float Rhythm 27.5+ 150mm, e-Bike optimized)
I have been googling a lot, and from what I have found, the fork requires a Rhythm air shaft (i.e. the Float air shaft cannot be used). The longest 34-size Rhythm air shaft is 150 mm...
In other words...it seems like I'm stuck with 150 mm of travel.

Any chance you could check with your LBS what they did to extend your fork? :)

I think it is the difference between our forks, mine is the Fox Float 36 Performance (which like the other Fox 36 e-bike forks has the 34 internals). It appears that the air shaft assembly used to make mine 160mm was specifically for the 34 Float (model number: 820-02-530-KIT Air Shaft Assy, 2019, 34, 160mm 27.5, FLOAT LC NA 2, 1.214 Bore). Link.
Not sure what the difference between the Rhythm and Performance is though.

Edit: I had a look and it appears your LBS is correct, I don't see anything larger than 150mm for the Rhythm. Link.

Last edited:

POB

Nov 16, 2019
Norway
I think it is the difference between our forks, mine is the Fox Float 36 Performance (which like the other Fox 36 e-bike forks has the 34 internals). It appears that the air shaft assembly used to make mine 160mm was specifically for the 34 Float (model number: 820-02-530-KIT Air Shaft Assy, 2019, 34, 160mm 27.5, FLOAT LC NA 2, 1.214 Bore). Link.
Not sure what the difference between the Rhythm and Performance is though.

Edit: I had a look and it appears your LBS is correct, I don't see anything larger than 150mm for the Rhythm. Link.

I think you're right!
I'll stick to just upgrading handlebars/stem to get a bit more rise then.
Thanks for checking :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles