eSommet seat tube weather proofing

Richie 2.0

Dec 19, 2019
Edinburgh
I've just put a Oneup dropper in my e sommet. It has a 450mm insertion and it's a medium frame. Fits well but I can see the actuator above the shock mount and I want to avoid it getting wet and corroding the inner/outer. Has anyone hacked a solution to this? I was thinking of studying some bit of pool noodle out foam up in they're to keep the crud out.

Chester

Apr 20, 2018
London
I stick a screwed up plastic bag in mine the thin ones you get from the turkish when you buy a few beers, stops all the crap going up there which always gives my bike a creak. arghhhhhhhhhhh

Keith77

Nov 14, 2019
Scotland
I also have a 180mm one-up dropper and the dirt was getting in somewhere, so I used some foam to plug up the gap. There’s about 1inch of seat tube under the actuator.

I also noticed the seat tube is wider than the seatpost except where the clamp is, so dirt also gets in where the keyhole slot is on the rear. There was quite a bit of dirt down the back of the post.
The one-up post isn’t that well sealed and I often wash the bike upside down first, so I’m assuming that the dirt was more or less running straight in through the actuator.

There is a video for the simple service of the one-up post on their website so that’s worth doing regularly to keep it smooth.

Hope that helps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles