Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Product Image:
2FFB577E-F800-4D2D-AE4B-C56C47D26C03.jpeg

Product name: ESI Grips
Price paid: $44
Score (out of 10): 4

Review: Got the ESI extra chunky grips for 44 at the lbs. They are the thickest grips they do, and I have big hands so like thick grips.
Out of the pack, they take a few rides to get used to. Then they are super super comfortable and I have never had sore hands or numbness. Then after 400km odd they go down hill quick. Not robust at all and they rip easy when brushing trees or crashing. The foam compresses and they start to loose their cushioning feel a bit. The top outer edge starts to wear quick by the look of it. Pics are after aprox 600km.

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
Best grip for the money IMO. I get them for under 15$, so can you.
Sometimes they are under10$. Come in great colors. Easy on with rubbing alcohol. Easy off with a razor blade. Super comfy, and still grippy when wet. Clean up great with rubbing alcohol and a rag after the start to get dirty with use. Restores the grip as well.

CB153EF0-D921-4CEC-9AB5-1694E3A13953.jpeg

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
And I forgot to mention, at that price, when they start to go, swap them for shiny new ones.
Yeah narh, the thought of replacing them 10 times or more a year and shelling out over $150 if I get them on Amazon. Then repeating that process the following year. Just not robust enough ?‍♂️

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I give these a very positive thumbs up. I use the chunky size which are around the same diameter as normal grips, tried the extra chunky and found them super comfy but a little too big. I find they last well for me. Change once a year. I've been using this brand for 4 years now and have them on all my mountainbikes.

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
ESI:s are easy to rip when falling but there's a remedy to that --> ODI bar ends ( or any other a bit bigger plug than those currently supplied with ESI:s.) You can smash those ODI:s quite a bit and they will get ugly but your ESI:s are still safe :)

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Product Image: View attachment 1174

Product name: ESI Grips
Price paid: $44
Score (out of 10): 4

Review: Got the ESI extra chunky grips for 44 at the lbs. They are the thickest grips they do, and I have big hands so like thick grips.
Out of the pack, they take a few rides to get used to. Then they are super super comfortable and I have never had sore hands or numbness. Then after 400km odd they go down hill quick. Not robust at all and they rip easy when brushing trees or crashing. The foam compresses and they start to loose their cushioning feel a bit. The top outer edge starts to wear quick by the look of it. Pics are after aprox 600km.

Wow $44! they shouldn't be that pricey.. I pay £15 for the chunky which seems to be the average price, the Extra Chunky are £17.
I see your in Australia and at the present ex rate your $44 would be £23.59 so they are much more expensive over there.

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
ESI grips are around the $40 AUD mark here in Australia
For the same price I have switched to Wolftooth Fat Paw grips - a bit thicker, but also more durable
They also do an XL (Mega) version which are 160mm long

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles