Error 550 on my Trek Rail 7 ... New Motor

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Hi,
Anyone had error code 550 on their Bosch gen 4?

"550 An improper load was detected. Remove load. Restart the system. " Tried the resetting and still coming back soon as I turn on, anyone any information on this or any idea what the cause is and what could possibly be a improper load. Bike is totally standard, never been chipped or anything.

Update on this ... after a week in the shop and Bosch requesting error reports, a new motor is on it way to the shop to replace my motor. Still no idea what the cause was.

Last edited:

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Improper load on the motor?
If that was on a servo motor it would probably be a power cable short or motor issue.
The bike pedals ok without the motor on, no stiffness or clunkiness?

*edit*
There's a thread on a other forum if you Google it where a fella has some lights wired to his bike and had the same error, I think when he removed the lights the error went. My point is, could it be a low voltage error?
Either way back to the bike shop methinks.

Last edited:

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Improper load on the motor?
If that was on a servo motor it would probably be a power cable short or motor issue.
The bike pedals ok without the motor on, no stiffness or clunkiness?

*edit*
There's a thread on a other forum if you Google it where a fella has some lights wired to his bike and had the same error, I think when he removed the lights the error went. My point is, could it be a low voltage error?
Either way back to the bike shop methinks.

Yea I seen that thread about the lights causing the same issue .. Guessed it was a electrical fault somewhere so rode to my local bike shop and left it with them. They are going to plug it in tomorrow and see what comes up.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Update on 550 error .... Bike is still in shop, mechanic done all the things Bosch told him, error still there. Waiting for Bosch to investigate error report and see where it goes from there. 1 week without my bike.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Latest on my 550 error .... Phone call from LBS, new motor is on the way from Bosch ! No idea what the issue was, but once Bosh seen the error report from the shop, new motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles