EP8 Firmware Ver 4.1.8

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
I just had my e160 serviced and they did a firmware update on my EP8

Was interested to find out what changed, so checked the shimano website and it showed this as the most recent firmware update details

1653005247850.png

Can anyone advise what the "Improved the display accuracy for the assist travelling range" actually means ??

I'm hoping it means that you don't get the 'drop off a cliff' effect when the battery gets down to one bar and it's a more smooth / linear reading at low battery levels

Thanks

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm hoping it means that you don't get the 'drop off a cliff' effect when the battery gets dowen to one bar

Now that you mention it, that could very well be the case. I always upgrade the firmware as soon as it becomes available, and it's been quite a while since I've seen the range drop off as if it's the countdown to the ball drop at New Year's.

Last weekend my battery dropped into the red with an unknown distance back to the truck, so I was watching the remaining range closely. It decreased in a sensible way, so maybe the "drop off a cliff" symptom is now resolved.

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Now that you mention it, that could very well be the case. I always upgrade the firmware as soon as it becomes available, and it's been quite a while since I've seen the range drop off as if it's the countdown to the ball drop at New Year's.

Last weekend my battery dropped into the red with an unknown distance back to the truck, so I was watching the remaining range closely. It decreased in a sensible way, so maybe the "drop off a cliff" symptom is now resolved.

Thanks

Good news if so

I'll have to push the limit on mine and see if I get the same result

Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles