EP8 Bikes: Arrival Dates and First Impressions

>moto<

Jan 4, 2021
Sunshine Coast
It's good to hear a reviewer not have an issue with the new Shimano motor, the Youtube video I watched of it made it sound quite pronounced and it was making me look twice at bikes with one fitted.

Nov 21, 2020
Tucson, AZ
It's good to hear a reviewer not have an issue with the new Shimano motor, the Youtube video I watched of it made it sound quite pronounced and it was making me look twice at bikes with one fitted.

I've got a commencal with the new ep8 it is a very quiet motor. Only when you've got a high cadence can you really hear the motor humming well over the sound of the terrain beneath you. Regarding the clicking/clunking noise. I can notice it under no load during rough descents. But it is not even as loud as my saddle bag moving around behind my seat, hell, the sound of the tires rolling over the dirt is louder. I am pretty ocd about bikes/cars making strange noises but this one is a non issue to me. Just whatever bike you get, hope it comes with shimano cranks and not e13. Or else be prepared for the possibility of your LH crank coming off.

MrW

Jan 12, 2021
CA
Just got an update from Fezzari. They are building my Wire Peak now. That's several weeks ahead of their initial estimate. Either they were sandbagging or the EP8 motors are now coming in earlier than originally estimated. Either way, I'm feeling the stoke. They say it will take about a week to get the build complete and then I'll drive down and pick it up in person. I'll post pics and first impressions when I get it.

OK, you have to give us an update ASAP! This is exciting!

Grizzly110

Oct 5, 2020
Maidstone
Well finally picking up my Ekano from air freight company tomorrow, its been 5 months and 2 weeks thanks to covid and brexit!. Still managed to get a full refund from Propain on th VAT and there is no import duties on Propain E-bikes as they have allocated a different commodity code than the likes of YT, so 0% tarrif

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles