eOne Twenty

MRe

Dec 14, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
in fact the BB was too low if using 130mm fork, even at 150mm I sometime had pedal strike
Definitely agree. I killed my flat pedals (RF Chester) after two weeks. Now the second set has survived 3 months but missing more teeth than granny... Fortunately they are cheap to replace (Chester's teeth, not granny).

And thanks for the info, I'm seriously considering to lenghten the fork also during complete overhaul (will install Di2, MT7 brakes, lights & some other new items like new wheels: Crank Brothers Lithium's just for the looks).

Just for the record: I'm 93 kg & 58 yrs of age :D and having time of my life with this bike.

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
Hey Hemi, I actually think it's perfect, my Pike is dual position 120/150 but 99% of time I used 150mm, sometimes I even put a 29x2.6 front wheel on but used 120mm to offset the high front, either way works fine for me. After I owned this merida I hardly ride my Specialized Enduro 165mm travel 29er

If Revelation I might try 140mm first, the cost is $60ish for a air shaft
Hi Leonz,
Do you know if you can get more travel out of the 130mm revelation by getting a longer air shaft? something like 150/160mm or is 140mm as big as you can go?

cheers.

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi Leonz,
Do you know if you can get more travel out of the 130mm revelation by getting a longer air shaft? something like 150/160mm or is 140mm as big as you can go?

cheers.

Depending on what version of the Revelation you have(it needs to be the 2018 model with 35 mm legs) you can get air shafts up to 160 mm and you can basically convert it to a PIKE as chassis is identical.

Karsten

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
Depending on what version of the Revelation you have(it needs to be the 2018 model with 35 mm legs) you can get air shafts up to 160 mm and you can basically convert it to a PIKE as chassis is identical.

Karsten

cheers guys, it's on a 2018 800 model (red/black) but I will see if I can check against a barcode number or something similar.

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Ah my apologies. You can see here on page 7 it says a Revelation is compatible up to 160mm - as @khorn said. I thought I had read somewhere that the 29er Revelation was only compatible with a 140mm shaft, but clearly not!

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/...05734_service_manual_debonair_upgrade_kit.pdf

Only other thing, to convert your Revelation to a Pike, you also need to upgrade to a Charger 2 damper, not just the longer air shaft.

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
Finally got my new bike home on Friday, however events in Christchurch far out-weighed getting some pics up on the internet.
I had originally ordered a 600 model with the new E7000 shifters and motor, but there was a bit of a delay so I was offered a 2018 800 model which I happily accepted.
I'm glad I did as it was an easy upgrade to a longer fork by adding an air shaft to the revelation and although it has an e8000 motor I got some e7000 shifters installed on both sides with a di2 rear mech.
Went for a short ride with my oldest boy today and was pretty happy with it to say the least!

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

Cheers.

Last edited:

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
Finally got my new bike home on Friday, however events in Christchurch far out-weighed getting some pics up on the internet.
I had originally ordered a 600 model with the new E7000 shifters and motor, but there was a bit of a delay so I was offered a 2018 800 model which I happily accepted.
I'm glad I did as it was an easy upgrade to a longer fork by adding an air shaft to the revelation and although it has an e8000 motor I got some e7000 shifters installed on both sides with a di2 rear mech.
Went for a short ride with my oldest boy today and was pretty happy with it to say the least!

View attachment 11909

View attachment 11910
Cheers.

Did you remove the red stickers from the rims? Ive always wanted to see what that looked like as I keep thinking about doing it myself. Nice ride!

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
Did you remove the red stickers from the rims? Ive always wanted to see what that looked like as I keep thinking about doing it myself. Nice ride!
yeah that was the first thing to go! also a couple of stickers on the battery.
it's a little bit more stealth now.

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
got out for my first decent ride this week - up in the hills of the Coromandel above Whangamata.
can't believe how much fun going up singletrack is! first impressions of the bike are pretty good, didn't notice any need for more rear travel but certainly need to change saddle and grips.
all in all pretty happy with it so far!
IMG_3149.JPG

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
@RAZOR

View attachment 11909

View attachment 11910
Cheers.

I’m wanting to do the air shaft upgrade on my bike to. How much travel did you go for in the end? What was the price? And where did you get the parts from in Nz? Also I guess the most important question how did it feel after the change? Cheers.

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
@RAZOR

I’m wanting to do the air shaft upgrade on my bike to. How much travel did you go for in the end? What was the price? And where did you get the parts from in Nz? Also I guess the most important question how did it feel after the change? Cheers.

Hi, I went for a 150mm shaft in the end, slackend out the front a little. I didn't spend much time riding it with a 130mm fork but since the change I have been pretty impressed with what the bike can do and have been hitting stuff that I would have done with my old one-forty.
have just put a 2.5 tyre on the front so will see how that goes and report back.
cheers.

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
Hi, I went for a 150mm shaft in the end, slackend out the front a little. I didn't spend much time riding it with a 130mm fork but since the change I have been pretty impressed with what the bike can do and have been hitting stuff that I would have done with my old one-forty.
have just put a 2.5 tyre on the front so will see how that goes and report back.
cheers.
Thanks for the reply, was also thinking of doing 150 so you’ve put my mind at ease. Looks like they are about $75 here which is all good, have also been looking at downsizing the tyres so interested to hear how that goes!

John Beedham

Apr 5, 2019
Lochiel, NSW, Australia
I love my e120 800. It has a 130mm Yari with solo air. I have bought a 140mm debonair air spring .Waiting delivery...has 3000Kms of hard work and going strong. My wife has the same but with Revelation fork. A couple of EMBN shows ago, ep116, my bike got a "SuperNice" ... says it all really Merida E120 800.jpg

MrEscape

Apr 29, 2020
UK

Karsten

I have the e120 900 - 2017 blue model
I found it in a shop a year ago as 'old stock'.
It has the Pike Boost forks with the 130 - 160 option.
I've just gone for 140mm upgrade on the forks, but i raced xc for years on 100mm sids, 140 to me is like a DH fork!

Love this bike, makes me want to play more than just pedalling!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles