eOne Twenty

STC

Aug 25, 2018
Derbyshire
You won’t be disappointed , I got one last year and love it ! Let us know what you think of yours.

leonz

Nov 18, 2018
Just owned my first e bike, E120 800, rode once, very impressed, I bought medium, just wish a bottle mount and a little shorter seat tube, otherwise everyelse is pretty good, installed Pike 150mm fork

Merida e120 800.jpg

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
Just owned my first e bike, E120 800, rode once, very impressed, I bought medium, just wish a bottle mount and a little shorter seat tube, otherwise everyelse is pretty good, installed Pike 150mm fork

View attachment 7859

Thats awesome man, how tall are you if you dont mind me asking? Im about 178 but opted for the Large frame, I ride a 2018 Merida Big Trail in Large which has similar geometry but can fit a medium also.

Also looking at your user name, are you also from NZ?

leonz

Nov 18, 2018
Thats awesome man, how tall are you if you dont mind me asking? Im about 178 but opted for the Large frame, I ride a 2018 Merida Big Trail in Large which has similar geometry but can fit a medium also.

Also looking at your user name, are you also from NZ?

I"m in Auckland and often ride at woodhill, i'm 170 and pretty happy with medium (I tried a medium e160 felt a little too big for me, decided to go for E120)

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
I"m in Auckland and often ride at woodhill, i'm 170 and pretty happy with medium (I tried a medium e160 felt a little too big for me, decided to go for E120)

Nice man, Im in Taupo so if you ever come down this way or even Rotorua we should meet up for a ride some time. Any planned upgrades you want to do? Im thinking of putting cushcore into mine but will have to change the tape as I think the standard rims arent tubleless ready?

leonz

Nov 18, 2018
Nice man, Im in Taupo so if you ever come down this way or even Rotorua we should meet up for a ride some time. Any planned upgrades you want to do? Im thinking of putting cushcore into mine but will have to change the tape as I think the standard rims arent tubleless ready?
sure we should ride together next time:) actually I might go to rotorua next weekend depends on weather but with friends so I won't bring the Merida, just a "normal" enduro bike. I set up tubeless with orginal rear wheel (merida rim), it got the tape already, I only add a tubeless valve/sealant then it's done, the wheel is quite heavy(especially the inner tube which is 367 gram, now tubeless with cassette/rotor about 2900 gram; my other rear wheel roval rim 2.6 nobby nic tyre 10-42t sram cassette totally 2300 ish gram) so no plan to add the cushcore yet. Will use Shockwiz to dial the rear shock in, so far just replace cassette to 11-42T instead of 46T (I don't need 46T also it's a little lighter), might try a 29x2.6 as front wheel later (rear is 27.5x2.8, can't fit a 29), just experiment, as my Pike fork is dual position 120/150mm

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Hi Laker,
Our Meridas both came tubeless ready. My wife’s E 120 800 and my 160 900e. Iv’e put Cushcore in mine, tyres feel more stable at lower pressures and no more burp flats.
They are expensive and a bit of a job to install so it really depends on the type of riding you intend to do.
I really appreciate the extra travel and better brakes on mine.
Enjoy.

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
So the bike turned up today and have started putting together, will need to go into work tomorrow so I can use the rest of my tools to finish all the fine details but battery is all charged up and have done all the firmware updates.

Bucketing with rain right now anyway so don’t want to go for a first proper ride right now haha

03F03688-FE6C-43BE-8223-78AE164E9304.jpeg

11FDF5EE-590B-4A48-BDA6-214623177BBD.jpeg

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
Hi Laker,
Our Meridas both came tubeless ready. My wife’s E 120 800 and my 160 900e. Iv’e put Cushcore in mine, tyres feel more stable at lower pressures and no more burp flats.
They are expensive and a bit of a job to install so it really depends on the type of riding you intend to do.
I really appreciate the extra travel and better brakes on mine.
Enjoy.

Yea my 2018 big trail had the same rims and tyres and was tubeless fine but I remember we ordered an e160 800 in for a customer and had to retape the wheels as was having issues, maybe just bad luck.

I’ve fitted a few Cush cores to clients bikes but haven’t really had much experience riding it, my mechanic said just use a pool noodle lol

D

Deleted member 1478

I have never used plus tyres or cushcore before but I found the 2.8s on my new e160 too bouncy. So I bought the plus size cushcore to try and dampen this bounce and I am totally a fan now. I run 16 f / 21 r psi (at 88 kgs kitted) - the bounce is gone and the grip is amazeballs.

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
I have never used plus tyres or cushcore before but I found the 2.8s on my new e160 too bouncy. So I bought the plus size cushcore to try and dampen this bounce and I am totally a fan now. I run 16 f / 21 r psi (at 88 kgs kitted) - the bounce is gone and the grip is amazeballs.

Yea I think I will end up going that way as my next purchase plus some new grips and pedals, but happy to ride it for a few weeks and get used to the bike. Just did a 25k ride and only used 1 bar of battery. Using mostly eco and a bit of trail, boost was just overkill. Love this bike so much already.

D

Deleted member 1478

I got my plus size Cushcore online from Worldwide Cyclery in the US.

D

Deleted member 1478

I did both the front and rear - for the bounce and also for grip (ability to run lower pressures). Options for the front were either Cushcore, or install a 29er front wheel with a 2.4. Cushcore was the cheaper route. Plus the 2.8 is well suited to our pea gravel in terms of maximising grip. I don’t find it lacks precision (the e160 is a monster truck anyways ?). Very happy with the set up now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
hey where did you guys buy cushcore from? only installed on rear or both?

Hey man, I work in a bike store so have just purchsed a set for both wheels direct from the supplier, will post some pictures up when I get time to put them in. Evo Cycles sell it although its not cheap, otherwise I can try get a better price for you?

Levo Lution

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
Hey man, I work in a bike store so have just purchsed a set for both wheels direct from the supplier, will post some pictures up when I get time to put them in. Evo Cycles sell it although its not cheap, otherwise I can try get a better price for you?
Hi , if you work in a bike store, I have a question - how many charge cycles does shimano 504wh really last?

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
Hi , if you work in a bike store, I have a question - how many charge cycles does shimano 504wh really last?

Hard to say as the store has only been open for one year! We have one regular customer who has hit 3000ks on his E6000 and no loss of power yet (is still getting 100ks on eco) The guys at the shimano training centre stand by the claim to 1000 cycles and have yet to see anything to prove otherwise so far. Maybe ask me in another years time when I have more data to go on haha

leonz

Nov 18, 2018
yes please, I'm also thinking vittoria airliner or PNT tyre noodle, seems cheaper than cushcore and lighter

Laker123

Nov 15, 2018
New Zealand
yes please, I'm also thinking vittoria airliner or PNT tyre noodle, seems cheaper than cushcore and lighter

Still waiting for my cushcore as the twin pack in 27.5 plus is out of stock but should be due this coming week.

Have also ordered some deity flat pedals, a marsh guard and some odi grips as not a fan of the original ones. Now just need the rain to stop so can get out there and take some great photos to show the bike off!

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia

View attachment 7859

Hey Leonz, any thoughts on the 150mm fork now you've had a bit more time on it? I'm looking at making a similar swap (although, just by extending my revelation). Would love to know how you've found it.

leonz

Nov 18, 2018
Hey Leonz, any thoughts on the 150mm fork now you've had a bit more time on it? I'm looking at making a similar swap (although, just by extending my revelation). Would love to know how you've found it.
Hey Hemi, I actually think it's perfect, my Pike is dual position 120/150 but 99% of time I used 150mm, sometimes I even put a 29x2.6 front wheel on but used 120mm to offset the high front, either way works fine for me. After I owned this merida I hardly ride my Specialized Enduro 165mm travel 29er

If Revelation I might try 140mm first, the cost is $60ish for a air shaft

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Hey Hemi, I actually think it's perfect, my Pike is dual position 120/150 but 99% of time I used 150mm, sometimes I even put a 29x2.6 front wheel on but used 120mm to offset the high front, either way works fine for me. After I owned this merida I hardly ride my Specialized Enduro 165mm travel 29er

If Revelation I might try 140mm first, the cost is $60ish for a air shaft

Excellent!! Thank you! I'm coming up to my 50hr service on the suspension, so I think I will make this swap over when I do that. Looking forward to it!

MRe

Dec 14, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hi guys, you do not feel that the longer fork has affected the geometry in negative way? E.g. making steep climbs more difficult or something? Longer fork will slacken head and seat angles and making you sit more on top of rear wheel.

leonz

Nov 18, 2018
Hi guys, you do not feel that the longer fork has affected the geometry in negative way? E.g. making steep climbs more difficult or something? Longer fork will slacken head and seat angles and making you sit more on top of rear wheel.
as long as I move myself forward a little(put my butt on the nose of saddle)when climb steep hill then totally fine; in fact the BB was too low if using 130mm fork, even at 150mm I sometime had pedal strike but acceptable, when descending 150 fork gave much more confidence, well worth the trade off. 120mm rear is capable I don't need longer, i'm 70kg with gear, never regret buying e120 instead of e160

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles