eOne Sixty 800 gear cable change

BILLYP2000

Aug 28, 2018
Hull
Anyone have difficulty replacing the gear cable on the 800? From factory the route used 3 sperate outers (std cable to jagwire link to std cable). For the life of me I couldn't get a smooth shift through all that and having to remove the pedal arm, chain ring, chain guide and motor each time is massively frustrating. Ended up running a full cable front to back and seems to work fine although there's a few tight bends as the cable runs from the motor to the chain stay. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same issues.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Yes, had the same problem myself and fitted the jagwire system. Has never been great though. Put a new derailer on and it helped a bit.

BILLYP2000

Aug 28, 2018
Hull
I've got a Jagwire running from shifter to rear mech with full outer and it feels good but I've got a feeling it'll wear quickly with the tight bends. Time will tell.

BILLYP2000

Aug 28, 2018
Hull
I run my shifter cable externally nowdays. Ugly but works.
Running a full cable internally only lasted a few rides before it started to get stiff so external is probably the only real other solution of you don't want to go Di2.

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
Running a full cable internally only lasted a few rides before it started to get stiff so external is probably the only real other solution of you don't want to go Di2.
I have been thinking about pulling the motor and running it internally, wont now after your advice. Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles