End of EMTB Forums

Tamas

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Hungary/Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think the regularly uploaded quality content and personality is more important in bringing views and subscribers than the name of the channel.
Probably you have a number/growth rate in your mind and after couple of videos you will see if the name change affected it.
Either way, I wish you all the best!

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Comments on that video are pretty savage.

I asked to be included on the Specialized launch stuff for the 19 Levo but I had to buy a bike to get it on my channel as I wasn't included in the press stuff (not 'media pro' enough I guess??)

The Tazer... emailed them twice. No reply. Nothing from Trek. via email and instagram over months. Canyon? Nope. Not a sausage.

WTF. So annoying, I can literally help these brands promote their stuff for free on here and my YT.

This might sound really really big headed, thats not my intention; My '19 Levo vids have over 150k views (easily). My Haibike vids have almost half a million views. I bet that some of my YT videos have far more reach than some proper media outlets.

All I need is a bike (that will be given back). But a lot of the industry is still stuck with print / old skool tactics.
This is crazy - their media people need a kick in the butt, if I was a bike brand I would be shipping a bike over to you priority delivery!

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I think this is a good idea, but think you should mention the forum so people find it, I found the forum via you tube.
I watch - - -
Seth bike hacks - informative & fun
Single track sampler - nice guy, loves his riding
BKXC - very professional, great videos
skills with phil - what a rider
EMBN -- sorry ? Bit too much Brand love here.
Dave jenvey - funny & a trier.

All these channels are like yours, fun and enjoyable to watch
We definitely need more stew on your YT channel, don't just dump him like a stone.
I think watching you helping stew get better, will be a great thing to watch.
We definitely need you to keep doing the live stuff.? ?
JUST KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING??

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Does a channels name really make a difference in views? I would be interested if you see some special growth after the name change.
Because some of the channels i follow do have pretty nonsense names, but the content is good - that's why i follow them.

Whatever you do - just keep on being awesome! :cool:

Rich_H

Nov 28, 2018
WSM
Rob

I’ve watched some of your videos, can’t say I noticed the channel name. Not sure if I subscribed, I probably did (I’ll check and do it later). But if your research says change it, go for it and I wish you all the best.

Getting suppliers to lend you kit for review, and then you providing an unbiased review is going to be tricky. I think Seth does this well, but no idea if Diamond Back/Box/Orange ask to see his videos before he publishes? I remember Jeremy Clarkson saying he used to write glowing reviews of utter turd cars to make sure he got invited on the next launch.

So, if you can get the money via video views, rather than video brand sponsorship, maybe via this forum you could Interview new ebike owners, find out why they bought, what they like and don’t like and then ride their bike and offer your independent view? I know you wouldn’t be pre-launch, but you would get respect for integrity, and like the bike vault stuff, I suspect you’d get people desperate to be the first to let you ride their bike. If you earn enough, you could even jet off to places to meet people and ride their bikes.

No idea if this would work, but another option for you to consider. Whatever you do, good luck with it and thank you for this forum.

P.S. you’re welcome to do an unboxing vid on my Canyon between now and Christmas - the box is sat in my garage, and a few extras I’ve bought are lying around too (Wolftooth dropper, switch etc. ) which I bought following advice on the Canyon section of this forum.

Cheers, Rich.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles