EMTBs are amazing

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Steve.its great to hear how it's worked out for you. Riding emtb's/mtb's with the grandkids ,aside from your particular adversity, is special in itself.
................./QUOTE]
Thanks, the sentiment is appreciated, but I don't believe that arthritis in the knees counts as adversity. "A pain in the arse!" - yes, but adversity definitely not. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I agree totally and everytime I go out with the local club I get 1 or 2 KOM's on Strava, just enjoying the uphill buzz and feel like superman.

ShanET

Apr 28, 2019
South West Rocks
That is just awesome to hear. When we are on an E-MTB we do not have to be defined by our disability. I actually feel normal and athletic. What irks me is when we so often get called cheats. There are days that I can’t physically walk, yet I can ride with the assistance. I even went into a bike store recently inquiring about electric bikes and the guy tore strips off me for even suggesting electric. What a discriminating bastard! These ebikes are my lifesaver.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
........... There are days that I can’t physically walk, yet I can ride with the assistance. I even went into a bike store recently inquiring about electric bikes and the guy tore strips off me for even suggesting electric. ..............

Actually, I don't like the theme that you have to have some sort of disability to be "allowed" to ride an emtb; emtbs are for anyone and everyone. ;)
But I tried to put myself in your position when faced with such a rude and arrogant ignoramus. Short of punching him in the throat, I would resign myself to asking him if he believes that wheelchairs are cheating those who walk?

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I used to do a lot of climbing and mountaineering, 55 years in fact, but latterly I seemed to lose my mojo. During this time I would occasionally venture out on a normal mountain bike around my home and the Brecon Beacons. As I grew older it stopped being fun and just felt like hard work so I gave the bike away. A couple of years ago I badly broke my ankle in a climbing fall which was followed by gall bladder problems so I went through a 2 year period of getting no exercise at all and at 73 that poses the risk of that being it as far as getting outdoors. THEN I BOUGHT AN E MOUNTAIN BIKE and all is well with the world again. Whoever thought of this thank you. I would never have believed that I would now be hitting the down hill trails and be obsessed with this activity :)

Al

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
That is just awesome to hear. When we are on an E-MTB we do not have to be defined by our disability. I actually feel normal and athletic. What irks me is when we so often get called cheats. There are days that I can’t physically walk, yet I can ride with the assistance. I even went into a bike store recently inquiring about electric bikes and the guy tore strips off me for even suggesting electric. What a discriminating bastard! These ebikes are my lifesaver.
It's ironic that those same people, who call us cheats, are happy to jump on the uplift.

Al

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles