eMTB tours in Croatia or Balkan

Aug 11, 2019
Croatia
Since we have this awesome travel section, I would take max advantage of it and present some eMTB tours me and my guys are crafting for the upcoming season.
*pardon my English if its not grammatically correct.

Some of them are going to take place in Croatia, we also have a Bosnia eMTB tour and as well Slovenia multi day trips.
Worth mentioning that not all tours are ebike specific, but heck, who cares!
Through my rent&tours business I'm offering 5 Specialized Kenevo Comp 2019 for rent, three of them size L, two of them size M. Planning to get some more during the year.

Connections to Zagreb from UK is best with British Airways, but after April Ryanair, Easyjet and maybe some other companies fly from various destinations not only to capital Zagreb, but to Dubrovnik, Split, Zadar, Rijeka and Pula (all those are cities by the Adriatic coast).

Type of trails in Croatia:
Along the coast we have loads of rocky single trails, fire roads and somewhere woody trails.
The best know bike park is in Rabac, Istria.
Also, if you visit any island like Krk, Rab, Cres, Lošinj (MTB downhill race taking place this year) - you will find just mind-blowing single trails, and endless bythesea fire roads. Combined with stunning views and beautiful beaches, Croatia coast has a lot to offer to any emtb rider.

If you cruise down more to the south part of Croatia, to Dalmatia - you have to stop by Zadar and from there possibilities are endless.
Further more, when reached Split, you must visit Omiš and ping the guys from Coastriders. Check their site for some epic trails and local assistance.

More you get into the country, there are mostly forest trails with lots of roots.
Zagreb for that matter is very interesting because there is a Sljeme mountain which contains loads of forest trails, single trails, gravel roads, etc.
During peak summer, Zagreb is empty from students and locals, so the best way to visit and bike Zagreb surroundings is during those long summer days.

All in all, if you plan to visit Croatia for an emtb travel vacation, feel free to contact me at any time. I will be glad to be of your assistance with any info you might have.
Stay tuned for my eBike tours, I'll put them on a weekly basis. Hope you will find something you like!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019
Croatia
We start of with the eMTB tour in March so anyone interested can book a flight ASAP :)
RAB - the happy island for happy ebikers.
21.-22.3.2020.

Full ebike package with transfer from and to Zagreb:
166€

The island of Rab is called “the island of happiness” for a reason. And we are very happy whenever we are there, and we have been several times… and again we will go to enjoy the extremely attractive trails, the dynamic configuration of the terrain and the beautiful views of this Kvarner island.

Join us on June 5, 2019 (4).jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looks like I can't make that one and neither can the Hawaiian Tropic girls, so it looks like there's going to be a few spaces free :)

Found a video of last years none e-bike trip :

Aug 11, 2019
Croatia
Second MTB tour I would like to offer here is a Bosnian MTB Weekend Adventure organized by my buddies at BikeGalaxy - a Slovenian bike touring company.

Yes, a genuine Balkan experience! Slovenian tour operator is organizing a MTB tours to Bosnia hosted by Bosnian bike guide and a Croatian guy who rents ebikes! :)

You can find more info here:
Bosnian MTB Weekend Advenuture

"Bosnia has had a truly tumultuous past, but it is much more than just that turbulent country in the Balkans. It is a combination of beautiful, wild and untouched nature and that special Balkan charm. The people are wonderful, open and hospitable, the food is amazing, there is a tangible spirit of the ancient Byzantine Empire and the hidden trails are absolutely epic. It is the perfect place to explore new horizons. This magical melting pot is the true Bosnia that we know and love. "

Join us on June 5, 2019 (1).jpg

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Out of interest, what sort of distances are covered each day? How much climbing?

Aug 11, 2019
Croatia
Out of interest, what sort of distances are covered each day? How much climbing?

This is a c/p from the complete itenerary, and you can see it for yourself as well:
Bosnian MTB weekend adventure | Bikegalaxy

Day 1:
Afternoon departure from Ljubljana or Zagreb. Approximately 4 hours travel to Banja Luka. We cross two borders on the way, so travel times may be extended. Transfers to Banja Luka for guests flying into Bosnia (Tuzla Airport) or Zagreb Airport can be arranged. Dinner at the hotel is followed by a short meeting on our plans for the weekend.

Day 2 -
After breakfast and mandatory morning coffee at the Bajka bar, we take off for the day’s MTB ride around the remote settlements in the vicinity of Banja Luka. A combination of gravel roads, tracks and singletrack descents takes us to the Vrbas river and its natural hot springs (water temperature is approx. 31°C). After lunch and rest at the springs we continue our afternoon exploring the area. A climb to Banj Brdo provides a scenic view of Banja Luka and an exciting singletrack descent back to town. The MTB ride ends with a rakia and baklava in city centre. We invite you to read more in our story.

(Ride length: 25 – 35 km and 800 – 1000 m altitude gain).

Day 3
Shuttle day. It’s time for smiles on the uphill while our bottoms get the comfort of the van and our steeds take a ride on a mountain bike trailer. MTB descents in the Ponir trail in the direct vicinity of Banja Luka truly are something special. Natural trails flow and intertwine down the mountain as if they were made for a mountain bike. The varying difficulty and types of trails are sure to satisfy even the most demanding mountain bike riders. Most of the descents end in the city centre so food and drinks during and after the shredding are a given. We invite you to read more in our story.

(Ride length: 30 – 56 km and 3000 – 4000 m of altitude gain)

Day 4:
After breakfast we take off to some amazing trails close to Banja luka. Once again you will be surprised how good the riding in Bosnia can be. After the ride we’ll take well deserved lunch with a toast to a successful weekend. Then it’s time to return back home.

Hope you like what you see! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles