Emtb storage

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I’m almost ready to buy my emtb but I could do with a little advice on storage, is it safe to store an emtb with the front wheel in a wall mounted bracket, the rear wheel will be on the floor so the front wheel will be bearing no weight, one other question, if it is safe can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one please.
Sean

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Gonna get this one I spotted at screwfix
7E59E9DC-77CD-4799-A80C-6466B8236EE3.png

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I've got something similar and recommend the idea. I used a shield anchor to fix the top, an ordinary wall plug wasn't enough on a brieze block wall. Another one to look at is the Steadyrack, expensive but it swivels. An advantage of storing the bike vertically is that it allows the fork oil to flow down to the seals, keeping them wet.

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
You can generally get them much cheaper than that, for example...

Jobsworth Steel Wall Mounted Bike Hanger (Folding Hook)

while I avoid PX if at all possible these days, you cant really go wrong with a cheap bit of metal.

Not sure how much the floating hook moves on this type, i know even a normal fixed hook can sometime be a pain to squeeze a fat tyre in, may be even harder if the hook keeps moving about? Generally this type requires the wheel to be higher when 'hooking' than when at rest, so back wheel on the floor may still need to lift the bike to hook. Also they use the side tyre guides to stop it flopping about, which is why the bike needs lifted to hook, as they get in the way otherwise.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I've got something similar and recommend the idea. I used a shield anchor to fix the top, an ordinary wall plug wasn't enough on a brieze block wall. Another one to look at is the Steadyrack, expensive but it swivels. An advantage of storing the bike vertically is that it allows the fork oil to flow down to the seals, keeping them wet.
Using mine in my garden room, walls are thick timber with 18mm log lap outside and 16mm marine plywood inside so some 3”x12 cc screws should be ok I think, yeah I saw that idea about the fork oil on GMBN a while back ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles