EMTB riders / ride outs in north of England ?

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
Hi Guys, new to the forums so bear with me !

I live up in Leeds and looking for other EMTB riders locally and wondered if there are any other riders who organise ride outs up in Yorkshire such as Dalby Forrest, etc..I ride a non ebike full sus as well and have gone over to north wales on occasion to coed llangdegla as well which is worth the trip.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
There are plenty of guys about riding Dalby, Hamsterley, Gisburn, Guisborough, Lee Quarry, LUBP, Greno/Wharny etc. One crowd do a lot of trail riding round the Dales & Peak District if that is more your style.....

Been looking for a Stainburn guide if you know that area?

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
I have been to stainburn a few times, but not a massive lover of it myself, although I have friends who love it, The natural trails over the road are a lot better apparently. Gisburn I always found a bit too much hard work for the payoff, but now I have an ebike I have a feeling it will feel like a different trail centre altogether, so would be well up for a visit there. I am more than happy to go up to stainburn if you or anyone else wants to, although I wont be much of a guide as its been quite a while since I last went :)
Never been to Hamsterly but keep wanting to go, so would be well up for a trip there as well :)

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I wouldn’t be in a hurry to ride Gisburn on my regular bike. Cool on an ebike though. It takes a long time to get there for me, I can be in the Tweed Valley in a similar time so tend to take that option.

Hamsterley is my closest trail centre and well worth a visit. Let me know if you want to go.

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
Thanks guys, I pickup my levo hopefully the end of this week, so will be up for a trip to hamsterley in the next few weeks, Can do weekend or maybe even an evening now the nights are a bit lighter if anyone fancies it and can get there for a reasonable time ?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I’m home for the next three weeks so as long as it fits in with the kids stuff I’m in.
Having Guisborough on my doorstep I haven’t bothered with any Hamsterley off piste so if @Rich the gasman is up for a tour I’m down with that??

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
I love Dalby on my normal full sus mtb... personally, for me, it’s the benchmark for trail centres. A great mix of everything.

I will give a shout out as soon as I have the bike and we can setup a date and time for a hamsterley session that fits with the majority if that works for everyone ?

e-mtbiker

May 4, 2019
Liverpool
I ride North West/North Wales. Stretching from the Peaks to Snowdonia, mostly on the standard bike to date as I'm new to the ebike. Spent time around the Peaks, Gisburn, Rivington, Lee and Cragg, Clwydian range, Degla and the surrounding area (a lot - some incredible natural around there) so if ever there is a meet this way I'd like to try and get to it.

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
I ride North West/North Wales. Stretching from the Peaks to Snowdonia, mostly on the standard bike to date as I'm new to the ebike. Spent time around the Peaks, Gisburn, Rivington, Lee and Cragg, Clwydian range, Degla and the surrounding area (a lot - some incredible natural around there) so if ever there is a meet this way I'd like to try and get to it.

Love coed llangdegla, cracking trail centre...I have only ever done it on a standard full sus mtb, but will definitely want to give it a go on the ebike.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I have only ridden Dalby on my normal bike but I also find it a dull grind and not much fun, I do fancy riding it on my Levo though :) it pales compared to Glentress.

e-mtbiker

May 4, 2019
Liverpool
Love coed llangdegla, cracking trail centre...I have only ever done it on a standard full sus mtb, but will definitely want to give it a go on the ebike.

If you have the time you should incorporate some riding around Ruabon Mountain too, finish off with a lap of the trail centre and some good food. Some hidden gems beyond the masts.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
There are a couple of us heading to Kilburn (Sutton Bank) on Saturday morning for a mooch about to see what is there if anyone is interested.

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
There are a couple of us heading to Kilburn (Sutton Bank) on Saturday morning for a mooch about to see what is there if anyone is interested.

Can’t do this Saturday as I am on call but I am picking my bike up tomorrow ?, so should be good for a ride next weekend if anyone is interested....I fancy hamsterley if anyone can do next Saturday ?

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Can’t do this Saturday as I am on call but I am picking my bike up tomorrow ?, so should be good for a ride next weekend if anyone is interested....I fancy hamsterley if anyone can do next Saturday ?[/QUOTE
See what you can organise ?‍?I’d be up for a ride ?

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
Picked up my new levo today ?....I am up for hamsterley next Saturday if anyone else fancies it..don’t know the place but I assume there is a car park and cafe there where everyone can meet ?

Shog46

Nov 4, 2018
Yorkshire
Not been to Hamsterley before, looks like it’s a 2hr drive for me so what sort of time are you thinking.
How’s the levo? have you managed to have a ride

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
Not been to Hamsterley before, looks like it’s a 2hr drive for me so what sort of time are you thinking.
How’s the levo? have you managed to have a ride

I am in Leeds so it’s about 60-90 mins for me..can make it whatever time you want, what about about 10-10.30 ?
Hunt managed a proper ride on it yet other than down the street from the shop to check suspension, etc but will do a local 10 miler tomorrow to get a feel for it ?

Deadagain51

May 22, 2019
Leeds
Ok looks like we are going for 10am at hamsterley next Saturday 1st June ....anyone else fancy coming other than me and shog46 ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles