EMTB newbie from Gloucestershire - 40's and unfit!

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
Evening all,
Been watching Rob's videos and test ridden a few bikes and finally bought a 2019 Kenevo Expert, though it'll be a week or two before i get to ride it as i am working abroad at the moment.
Based around Stroud/Cirencester area.
Was a keen mountain biker in my teens, did less and less through my 20's, almost completely skipped my 30's and now a whisker over 40 and trying to get back in (when time allows!).
Still have my old Klein Adept Race from 2002, though it hasn't done much mileage in the last decade.

Hope to learn more about what's around my area and perhaps meet a like-minded individual or two.
Definitely up for a Forest of Dean forum ride out sometime next year if you organise another one.

Kaelidoz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Apr 29, 2018
Belgium
Welcome, nice avatar!
1505.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I’m off out for a first proper ride on Saturday morning up on the Ridgeway 10:30 for about 30 miles meeting at Barbury Castle car park. Let me know if interested I’ll post on main forum.

New Levo has arrived and is off being Invisiframed.

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
Hi, just joined here myself. Was just having a read of some posts whilst waiting to get the ability to post anything. Haven't really got time to post a proper introduction for myself right now, but saw your post and wanted to ask before I forgot. Does that say £4400 on that sign for your 2019 Kenevo Expert? Is that how much you got it for in the end, and where's that from? On the look out myself and that seems the best price I've seen for one so far.
Thanks for any info.
Adam

verysideways

Oct 17, 2018
Cotswolds
Hi, just joined here myself. Was just having a read of some posts whilst waiting to get the ability to post anything. Haven't really got time to post a proper introduction for myself right now, but saw your post and wanted to ask before I forgot. Does that say £4400 on that sign for your 2019 Kenevo Expert? Is that how much you got it for in the end, and where's that from? On the look out myself and that seems the best price I've seen for one so far.
Thanks for any info.
Adam

Livigno in northern Italy is a tax haven, i happened to be there a couple of months ago for work.

2019 Kenevo Expert UK price is £5500, European price is €5999
Livigno standard price (due to tax) is €4890
But because the hike/bike season was over and the ski season was about to start they were clearing stock... so reduced to €4400

Right place, right time.

EDIT: i should add that i was actually looking to buy a 2019 Levo but the best deal i could find on one of those in the UK was more than this cost me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dax

WheelsandBoards

Dec 13, 2018
Cirencester
Evening all,
Been watching Rob's videos and test ridden a few bikes and finally bought a 2019 Kenevo Expert, though it'll be a week or two before i get to ride it as i am working abroad at the moment.
Based around Stroud/Cirencester area.
Was a keen mountain biker in my teens, did less and less through my 20's, almost completely skipped my 30's and now a whisker over 40 and trying to get back in (when time allows!).
Still have my old Klein Adept Race from 2002, though it hasn't done much mileage in the last decade.

Hope to learn more about what's around my area and perhaps meet a like-minded individual or two.
Definitely up for a Forest of Dean forum ride out sometime next year if you organise another one.
Live near Cirencester and we get out around here....also go off to Wales at weekends sometimes. Up for meeting up and doing some mid week rides.....

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Live near Cirencester and we get out around here....also go off to Wales at weekends sometimes. Up for meeting up and doing some mid week rides.....
There are a few of us in Swindon - give us a shout next time you are heading out. I'm keen to try Windhill Bike Park and FlyUp 417 and the off piste around there.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Yeah, i know Gary. Lives in the next village. I think those guys are another year away from embracing ebikes. Bit like skiing and snowboarding ....just a matter of time....
Agree. I started off with boarding did a lot of off piste in Chamonix, our guides switched from skis to boards over a couple of years then more skiers seemed to follow. I enjoy skis now too. I can see the same happening with eMTB with famous riders leading the way.

Markymark

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Surrey
I’m awaiting a levo I’m in Wroughton just outside Swindon on edge of Marlborough downs and the Ridgeway.
I know Wroughton well. Used to live in Devizes and was a member of the Swindon Model Flying Club that flew up on the airfield back in the 90's. See it's Top Gears new track and it appears there's a solar farm up there now.
Does it still open to the public to visit the Science museums stuff?
All the best.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I know Wroughton well. Used to live in Devizes and was a member of the Swindon Model Flying Club that flew up on the airfield back in the 90's. See it's Top Gears new track and it appears there's a solar farm up there now.
Does it still open to the public to visit the Science museums stuff?
All the best.
I’ve not seen it open for ages now but you can here the Test track when it’s in use. You’ll have to come down once the Ridgeway dries out for a ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles