Emtb Lite v Tour +

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Tour+ seems to use turbo mode but the EMTB Lite uses the EMTB mode at max. The Tour+ made riding too easy and I changed back to EMTB Lite.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Turbo: 340% Support Level
eMTB: 140-340
Tour+: 60-340
EMTB Lite: 140-250
Eco: 60

EMTB Lite will never allow max motor support, Tour+ will allow maximum motor support, but you'll need to be pushing a lot harder to get it compared to eMTB mode.

New 2022 Treks don't have the eMTB Lite mode so I guess it was an interim solution for Trek.

Tour+ is very likely the Magic Tour setting that was originally installed on Moustache ebikes. According to EMTB-MAG, Magic Tour was due to replace the original Tour mode at some point... So I figure that has in fact now taken place. Here is the curve for Magic Tour / Tour+:

Moustache-Magic-Tour-Modus-2021_E-MTB_News_1.jpg

Last edited:

cshumphries

Jan 25, 2020
New Zealand
I used eMTB Lite for around 6 months and it was a vast improvement over the original Tour. Upgraded to Tour+ a couple of months ago and in my opinion it's a game changer. Get much better range over eMTB Lite. I do most of my riding in Tour+ now - finds it gives me a good balance of assist vs fitness.

GrandesRoues

Jul 26, 2019
Alpes Françaises
All this is pretty useless as it can't get custom tune...
Heavy guys, developing quite some power climbing, will always be in full support.
I prefer to keep the "tour" to reduce the assistance and improve autonomy for mountain climbing.

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
All this is pretty useless as it can't get custom tune...
Heavy guys, developing quite some power climbing, will always be in full support.
I prefer to keep the "tour" to reduce the assistance and improve autonomy for mountain climbing.
Depending on your firmware, 'TOUR' could be the original TOUR, EMTB Lite, or TOUR+

Esef

Dec 29, 2021
Czech Republic
I usually ride ECO on the flat/mellow trail and EMTB on technical climbs. I enjoy TOUR only when Im too dead for ECO and EMTB feels too light.

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
I had my local shop install TOUR+ while performing the battery firmware update.
It does begin at ECO level - switching back and forth between TOUR+ and ECO on a gentle grade made no difference at all. When the trail got steeper, and whenever I checked, EMTB always gave more assist than TOUR+, and I don't think I ever pushed hard enough to get to the TURBO level.
Battery drain seemed at least as good as EMTB Lite.
I need to try it on a few more trails, but so far, I like TOUR+.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I had my local shop install TOUR+ while performing the battery firmware update.
It does begin at ECO level - switching back and forth between TOUR+ and ECO on a gentle grade made no difference at all. When the trail got steeper, and whenever I checked, EMTB always gave more assist than TOUR+, and I don't think I ever pushed hard enough to get to the TURBO level.
Battery drain seemed at least as good as EMTB Lite.
I need to try it on a few more trails, but so far, I like TOUR+.
Interested to see how you get on with it as I’m still debating whether to swap from lite to plus 👍

Scott from Aus

Dec 15, 2021
Aus
Talking to my lbs today about these modes, I quite liked tour mode on my 2019 LT9 but find tour mode on the 2022 rail 9 (tour + I gather) gives a bit much assistance. There is a big gap between eco and tour +
Next time I have the bike at the shop I'll have them load the old tour mode, 5 minute job they reckon

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Talking to my lbs today about these modes, I quite liked tour mode on my 2019 LT9 but find tour mode on the 2022 rail 9 (tour + I gather) gives a bit much assistance. There is a big gap between eco and tour +
Next time I have the bike at the shop I'll have them load the old tour mode, 5 minute job they reckon
You can try the EMTB Lite mode.

Batch

Oct 4, 2021
Stevenage
Tour+ is now my deafult setting, pretty much bang it on and ride as it is dynamic enough to give enough when you need it without giving the ridiculous levels that the turbo whoosh gives. I rate it as it gives a good balance between my input and what the bike gives to aid my fitness development. As a side note I am not a great fan of the big drop off in battery efficiency in this colder weather, constantly watching the range spiking up and down during a ride! Have scaled back my usual 35 mile loop for fear of being left with dead battery, not even convinced that it would do it in Eco?!

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
I don't think I'll go back to EMTB Lite - Tour+ is giving me over 35 miles, and 5000ft vertical on rough terrain. This is a typical winter ride (elevation in feet, distance in miles)
rh.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles