Emtb Friendly Trails

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I ride in an area that allows the MTB community to develop new trails, add features and maintain existing trails. The “trail builders” quietly do their thing. I suspect that most of our trails are developed and maintained by riders and the frequent hiker. (from what I’ve seen).
This area is becoming quite popular with hikers, mtb’ers and now emtber’s. As an eMTB’er I tend to ride at higher elevations often and rarely see a hiker or mtb’er. When the snow melts an entire network of trails are exposed.
Lately I’ve discovered new, secret, camouflaged and unused trails at lower elevations. Some of these trails are unusable because of blow-down, heavy bush or abandoned. Years have passed based on the amount of moss, but the trails are still there.
I have walked and rode these trails and cleared the way where necessary. Which leads to even more trails and interesting areas.
Emtb friendly; the views and landscape are spectacular on these trails. They are long loops that usually bring you back to where you began. Gravity takes you down these trails but then you can ride uphill, via the loop, to get back out. These are definitely eMTB friendly and even the hard-core mtb’er finds these challenging or tiring. Rarely rode by mtb’ers and rarely hiked, these trails seem perfect for the eMTB.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles