Product name: Eddy current vs DHR2/DHF
Price paid: $145
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Detailed review:

eMTB Tire Review – DHR2/DHF vs Eddy Current – Matter-Replicator

Troeyler

May 20, 2019
oslo
I have had 10 cuts in my dhr2(only rear wheel)that the salant did not seal. I am 90Kg so that may be the reason. Loved the maxxis tires on everything exept the puncture resistance. Rolling now on magic mary 2.6 soft front and rear. Much more puncture protection for sure and the grip is also insane.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Thanks for the review, always interesting to get feed back on tyres.
I have recently fitted a 29er to the front of my trek lt9 with a assegai 2.5 DD maxgrip which I prefer over the factory trek tyre that was a 27.5 so a few different factors there. Definitely more stable at speed partly the larger wheel and stiffer side wall on the assegai at a guess.

Cheers

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Re what you found on the roots, I have a theory. The problem with roots is that they are usually square to the tyre, and the tyre slides along them sideways. The dhf has longer knobs in the middle compared to the assegai.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Great Review. I am putting the DHF and DHR II on my 2022 Sworks. The grip and less rolling resistances, equals more speed.

I can tell the 2022 stock tires have less rolling resistances then the Maxxis DHF and DHR ll. They might have the same or maybe even more grip but I think the rolling resistance is greater.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
For rock hard manicured trails the Eddy Current rear is probably one of the best tyres I've used. For any trail with actual features, like rocks, roots or mud, they are without doubt the worst tyre I've used on an eBike.

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Put an Eddy Current Front 29x2.4 on the rear of my bike. With 30psi, it rides rougher than my Assegai DH with 32 psi. A Conti MK 2.4 Protection was waay softer with a tube at 45 psi with Tannus Armor. XD

Transferring my habits to MK killed the tire in 2 rides. I expect that much from EXO/Snakeskin/Grid tires. The Eddy Current survived me throwing caution to the wind. That qualifies it; I dislike being held back due to fragile equipment. It scratches for traction uphill, but it doesn't throw me off-balance. Same goes for traction on downslopes. Super comfortable with the traction response. Can overlook the rough ride, esp as I gain more fitness.

Assegai DH was more of an anchor, but I liked it enough to wear down bald. So far, I feel the same way about this tire. Not getting stranded is my #1 priority though. Maxxis rubber edges it out in perf, esp in dry dust, but I expect this to last longer and I enjoy the novelty of leaving mini-moto tire tracks.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles