Ebike tire showdown. Michelin E wild vs Schwalbe Eddie Current

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
So
Well done! I think what we're putting these heavier emtb's through is asking a lot from kevlar beads. I notice mine weep sealant out of the bead/rim interface after every day in the park. You can feel it in the corners. Not so much with the wire bead on my dh34's. Wish they made the dh34 and dh22 in 2.5 and/or 2.6
Just to be clear , the Kevlar bead that is torn is from me trying to get it off. The bead just pull out of the rubber with instant failure and a Big Bang.

Nikola777

Oct 17, 2020
Croatia
i also have a WTB mud wet on one my bikes that’s is good exp wet rocks. Slips a lot on wet roots and rocks.
You talk about Verdict Wet?
Can you give some comparison between Verdict Wet and E-Wild? Does Verdict Wet squirming on hardpack in corners?
Thank You.

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
You talk about Verdict Wet?
Can you give some comparison between Verdict Wet and E-Wild? Does Verdict Wet squirming on hardpack in corners?
Thank You.
I don’t know the WTB tires to well, i do have a verdict the one on the pic.
that tire i find works ok in wet, sandy or powdery Conditions anything other then that the tire to me feels like it has 10-15Psi i always feel like i have a flat riding that tire. Even with smaller 27.5x2.5 on a 34 internal
I wish i liked them better as i can purchase them for less then half any other tire

B2383D46-83D6-4BE8-BC8F-6FDA48D3AC9F.jpeg

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia

I like the idea of the test .
I don`t like that you didn`t explain you use huuuge oversized rims in the opening post
. At 1st I am thinking oh great a real world test . Then a page or two of reading later the plus sized rims come to light . Hard to compare your rims with what most EMTB s come fitted with .The volume of air in the tyres , the profile of the tyres and their grip are all affected by rim width .
Which in the case of more than 30 mm ID is not stock on most EMTB s .

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I like the idea of the test .
I don`t like that you didn`t explain you use huuuge oversized rims in the opening post
. At 1st I am thinking oh great a real world test . Then a page or two of reading later the plus sized rims come to light . Hard to compare your rims with what most EMTB s come fitted with .The volume of air in the tyres , the profile of the tyres and their grip are all affected by rim width .
Which in the case of more than 30 mm ID is not stock on most EMTB s .
I think he can only review what he has. The tyres and rims are for his own use - giving us his reviews are a side benefit to us. I still think they are useful and I'm thankful for them. The other thing is that Tim29 seems to be a fairly extreme rider :ROFLMAO: - whatever works for him is going to be indestructible (or overkill) for me.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
I think he can only review what he has. The tyres and rims are for his own use - giving us his reviews are a side benefit to us. I still think they are useful and I'm thankful for them. The other thing is that Tim29 seems to be a fairly extreme rider :ROFLMAO: - whatever works for him is going to be indestructible (or overkill) for me.

I like the way Tim reviews .
Just got frustrated when I spent the time reading only to realise it wasn`t relevant to me .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles