Ebike stands?

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi all,

It’s official, I have taken the plunge and purchased an ebike ?. Thank you very very much ccrdave for selling me your excellent condition Turbo Levo which I picked up on Wednesday evening.

During the ebike pick up process I realised that there are things I now need to start thinking about that are ‘ebike’ specific.....

One thing that came to mind was the stand I have for lifting the rear wheel of my bike for washing and lubing the chain on my analogue bikes. All of my analogue bikes having hollowtech cranks so I use an ‘Andystand’ for this purpose. This stand is unfortunately not an option for the Levo as the Levo does not have hollowtech ?

I have also discovered that you can’t spin the cranks backwards on my Levo like you can with an analogue bike to lube the chain so this is now a painful task for me as I am so used to using the above method for this. The stand also allows me to quickly spin through the gears to check all is ok.

I have found a few possible options on the Internet (please see below) but these are in Italy, not in the UK....

My question to you all is..... what do you use?

9B9145B0-F257-4C11-B9CB-F030AD4D5714.jpeg
FB3BD4C2-5CA3-4507-B786-2C2E7931C51F.jpeg
338FAF47-82CB-4AF8-915A-2CBD4978136F.jpeg
338FAF47-82CB-4AF8-915A-2CBD4978136F.jpeg
B169CA01-8552-4193-8105-9D3030976208.jpeg

Last edited:
E

EddieJ

I really like that second stand. That is a new one to me. (y)

I do have a free standing workshop type stand, but have never used it. I prefer to work on my bikes by suspending them, which might not suit or even be an option to some, but it suits my requirements. :)

2z.jpg ebr2x.JPG w1a.JPG pdi_1.jpg

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I hang my bikes as well but I also just use a normal park tool stand clamped around the top tube, keeps me fit lifting it in and out

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have an Allen key with a bit of tape around it for padding I stick it in one of the chainring bolts so I can turn the chain set backwards for cleaning and oiling

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Yesterday I purchased a bike stand from Halfords. It was only £30!

Much more sturdy than my old stand and a quarter of the price.

It is not perfect but a bargain for the price. I’ll add a review of it soon.

Bikehut Repair Stand

FC74AA11-E270-4D26-B3F2-4861BB7E195C.jpeg

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hey Rob, I already have a similar stand but hardly use it as it’s a slow to deploy and clean up after attacking the bike with a hose and soap suds. I use it for major maintenance but I need something that I can chuck the bike on quickly to hose it down and do minor maintenance on like I think I will be able to do with the ebike stands in the photos.

This is the stand I use for my analogues, it takes seconds to mount the bike, easy to wipe down after hosing the bike, easy to lube the chain as it lifts up the back wheel, easy to spin the rear wheel for a quick gear indexing check ?

Unfortunately as I said, no go for Levo ☹️
67ACD9D2-CEA7-4D21-BA0E-588983291CD2.jpeg

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I have an Allen key with a bit of tape around it for padding I stick it in one of the chainring bolts so I can turn the chain set backwards for cleaning and oiling

That’s a great tip Dave, I give that one a go ?

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I really like that second stand. That is a new one to me. (y)

I do have a free standing workshop type stand, but have never used it. I prefer to work on my bikes by suspending them, which might not suit or even be an option to some, but it suits my requirements. :)

View attachment 384 View attachment 386 View attachment 387 View attachment 388
Hi EddieJJ, found the site yesterday, manage to contact them using google translate which in the end wasn’t needed as they speak English..... the stand is nearly 80 Euros and it’s an extra 40 Euros for delivery.... ouchy, ouchy ?

Dukey86

Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
Yorkshire

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Thanks for that. I have just spotted it as well, but couldn't see a delivery cost.

Sadly, that is too rich for my blood. :( Cavalletto smart raise per turbo levo e turbo kenevo nero

For oiling the chain and cleaning, I just tend to use this style of stand. Commercial Grade Bike Stands & Bike Racks | WillWorx SuperStands Not ideal, but it helps.

Thanks for that EddieJJ, what was the cost of the stand?
With this stand and ccrdaves tip using an Allen key will get around the washing and lubing challenge but not the spinning of the cranks to check the indexing.

E

EddieJ

I'll try to find a link for you a little later, but I bought mine through Amazon.

The tricky bit could be finding one that fits plus size bikes. The one shown does, but that was just for example only, and not recommendation. :)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Yesterday I purchased a bike stand from Halfords. It was only £30!

Much more sturdy than my old stand and a quarter of the price.

It is not perfect but a bargain for the price. I’ll add a review of it soon.

Bikehut Repair Stand

View attachment 392
I've got something that looks suspiciously similar but came from eBay. I've had the bike hung on it for a week so it's sturdy enough. I wouldn't use it for washing though, it'd probably dissolve in a few short weeks!

For cleaning and lubing the chain I just flip the bike upside down.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I've got something that looks suspiciously similar but came from eBay. I've had the bike hung on it for a week so it's sturdy enough. I wouldn't use it for washing though, it'd probably dissolve in a few short weeks!

For cleaning and lubing the chain I just flip the bike upside down.
Yep, I just checked ebay and an identical one pops up for £28.99. It is cheap and cheerful.

Now that Levo stand above looks great. Any know any metal fabricators?!

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I just hook my saddle over ther arm of my regular bike stand like you do in bike racks at cycle centres.
The back wheel is off the ground so you can spin the cranks etc, like the image but hanging from the arm of a stand like the one Rob posted. You could easy make something from wood or push together plastic pipe.
Thinking of Fabbing something to attach to my van for when I use my portable washer.

521A4C3E-D8A4-4E5B-9D3D-6A9532A09FCA.jpeg

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Hanging as above by the saddle works for me on all my bikes , I have a ratchet strap across the rafters in my shed , but a wood beam or hook etc would be the same , easy to inspect brakes etc too , I can’t be bending down or working at floor level these days ?

mtbdreamin

Founding Member
Feb 14, 2018
Florida US
I see a lot of people like me are also looking for a quick floor stand just for hosing down the Levo. It is pretty shocking how little is out there. I just emailed Topeak asking them to design one for eMTB such as their Flashstand Fat FLASHSTAND™ FAT | Topeak, so close yet to far. It would be great to have something this portable to bring along. Alternatively, I came across this photo and was thinking about making a DIY with PVC from my local home and garden store.
9bcarr.jpg

14jcdpf.jpg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I use a Feedback Sports Ultralight Work Stand. It's light (10 lb.) and folds down into a compact storage bag.
It extends from 36 to 58" and is rated to hold 85 lb. Pricey at $200, but well made.

Handy in the garage and when we travel, makes servicing and cleaning a lot easier.

stand.jpg

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I see a lot of people like me are also looking for a quick floor stand just for hosing down the Levo. It is pretty shocking how little is out there. I just emailed Topeak asking them to design one for eMTB such as their Flashstand Fat FLASHSTAND™ FAT | Topeak, so close yet to far. It would be great to have something this portable to bring along. Alternatively, I came across this photo and was thinking about making a DIY with PVC from my local home and garden store.
View attachment 604

View attachment 605
Hi, Levity, not sure pvc would be strong enough to take the weight of an ebike.

However, I think you could create one as pictured from metal conduit like they use in some of the industrial electrical installations here in the UK. You would need the correct tools for it though as the joins are threaded so you would need to put a thread on the conduit to join everything together. The conduit comes in 19mm or 25mm sizes which is 3/4 inch or 1 inch. You can buy it pre painted but I would recommend an extra few coats of metal paint since it would be used for washing bikes.

I will try and find some photos of the tooling and post them later today

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I use a Feedback Sports Ultralight Work Stand. It's light (10 lb.) and folds down into a compact storage bag.
It extends from 36 to 58" and is rated to hold 85 lb. Pricey at $200, but well made.

Handy in the garage and when we travel, makes servicing and cleaning a lot easier.

View attachment 606
I have a feedback sports stand like the one in your photo, it’s the dogs danglies!! ???

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
This is a good portable stand I use for my normal bike , itholds a 29er with 2.4 tyres ok , Iam hoping it will work for the ebike with 2.6 tyres , not sure if it would work on the fat tyre bikes . Iam sure I’ve seen one for fat bikes
6E37C84D-D476-417E-B785-9A1826A9C954.png

mtbdreamin

Founding Member
Feb 14, 2018
Florida US
I agree, Topeak is awesome. Unfortunately it will not fit the Levo with 2.8" tires. I sent an email to Topeak customer service asking to design something for fat bikes.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Well folks,

I took the plunge and purchased this and got it delivered from Italy. I do have a proper ‘bike service stand’ very similar to the Feedback stand but for me, as this stand lifts both wheels off the ground and they way I am used to washing and servicing my analogue bikes this is a much better option for me.

The plate underneath the motor is padded and also adjustable up and down. The point that connects to the downtube is also padded so it is a well thought out design.

Mounting the bike was tricky the first time as you need to line everything up but now it is ‘adjusted’ to suit my bike which took a few minutes it can be mounted and unmounted in seconds.

C8C59AAE-6751-4483-BA8B-35C65FB01785.jpeg

A86CC2E8-3A8C-48FE-B012-FE3819A82957.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles