• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Ebike sandwich

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
2 bike inside a car, one on top of the other with front wheels and pedals off.

What should I put between the bikes to stop the bottom one being crushed? Some kind of cheap cot mattress or is there a better solution?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I often have two complete bikes in the car wheels and pedals on both with just a piece of cardboard between them.
a tarp or roll of carpet would also work well

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
I have a stack of the foam mats that @R120 linked above. BIL uses old car floor mats and never had a problem. Don't think you need to worry about the bikes getting crushed, it's just the bars/levers etc of one snagging on the paint/cables/bits of the other.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Watched some tourists take 3 bikes out of a station wagon - used yoga mats between them (or that type of foam material). Plus some foam pool noodles cut into short lengths for sticking out parts.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You could use the chinese method and just use other bikes sacrificially to protect your bikes ...

bikes.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
used yoga mats between them (or that type of foam material). Plus some foam pool noodles cut into short lengths for sticking out parts.

Were they naked ? I'm not sure why they'd go to such lengths to put pool noodles over their boobies and dangly bits and then make the whole unloading so difficult by trying to hold yoga mats between their naked bodies whilst unloading the bikes from the car ? Everyone would have to be so synchronised ! Hell, I bet it was cool to watch though !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'm probably over thinking this, but I can't help but think about poor @Beekeeper 's back trying to lift one bike in and over the other one.

Maybe a sheet of 30mm/40mm polyurethane insulation 600mm*1200mm - 2 even - side by side - on top of the first bike, then you can just slide the second bike over them. Only costs about £5 a m2 and it's tough enough to not fall apart like polystyrene.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I'm probably over thinking this, but I can't help but think about poor @Beekeeper 's back trying to lift one bike in and over the other one.

Maybe a sheet of 30mm/40mm polyurethane insulation 600mm*1200mm - 2 even - side by side - on top of the first bike, then you can just slide the second bike over them. Only costs about £5 a m2 and it's tough enough to not fall apart like polystyrene.

Oh yeah that’s very true, I could actually damage my back lifting the second bike into the car ?

Can I get one of these on Amazon?......

7B5EEBF6-34AB-4D2E-95F4-D1E43D4F4690.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles